Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's a post!

This is just another random post. Have at it.

I'm the Laurel's advisor in Young Womens and the YW president is big into sewing as well so we decided to make scripture bags for all of the Young Women. Here's 2 of 10 I will have to make. I'm not sure what we've gotten ourselves into.

Here's my first attempt at making baby booties. The pattern calls for felt but I didn't have any so I decided to try it with fabric and interfacing. This will be a work in progress. They aren't good enough to give away but if I ever have a girl she will be sporting these bad boys for sure. Next I'm going to make a scrap bag using all of my scraps, get it. The idea for me is to make this expensive hobby as cost effective as possible i.e. using what you've got.

We went to Hart and Jory's on Sunday and we caught Corbin chasing the cat. We're pretty sure that happened the whole weekend we were gone. I'm thinking Monopoly is glad Corbin is not there anymore.
Here's a cute photo of Corbin with the neighbor's dog. He sure loves animals. Too bad he won't ever have one of his own. Good thing for grandparents.

Even though Corbin doesn't look so sure in this picture he absolutely LOVES bike rides. We went out on a freezing day and he didn't even care. He threw a tantrum when we got home because he did NOT want to get off.
He is going to keep me in shape this summer for sure. He loves going on bike rides and stroller rides. I wish he could be the one pushing me around sometimes. He never seems to get tired. He sure wears me out.


We haven't posted a video in forever. So enjoy.

8 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

You're so awesome! The YW will LOVE those!!

Karen said...

Way cute! I'm so jealous of the YW receiving these! How do I get myself one of these? (AKA, how do I get you to make me one of these ;) )

mindy said...

that was adorable. love you guys!

Melissa said...

Good luck with the Young Women sewing project. That's a lot of work, but good for you. They're nice scripture bags, though. Corbin is such a cutie. So fun that he loves playing and going on bike rides. Totally funny about the tantrum. Cute video. I love that he puts the blanket over his head and crashes. So funny.

Anonymous said...

Hurray for cute videos! I love the linus lookalike. I must register a complaint - after I had to live through Scott's geckos and lizards and chameleons and I can't even remember what else in addition to the less exotic cats and dogs; I think Corbin deserves a nice pet. I remember feeling terrible when Scott asked Santa for a new house so he could live there with a snake since I wouldn't let him have a pet snake at our house. It's payback time! Mom from Carole's computer

Scot and Jenny said...

Wow that's a huge poject! Looks like it's coming along nicely though! They ae going to love it! Good job! Corbin is so cute! That was a great video!

Karen said...

Um...if you're serious, I'll totally take you up on the offer! I'm totally digging that black and white one you have in the picture. Pinks/browns are a fave too. You totally don't have to if you don't want to, or don't have time or whatever. I was totally joking, well, half joking. But if you do have time, I would LOVE one of your creations!

Sarady said...

Mitzi, you totally have my gears grinding about sewing projects. I love the scripture bags. The YW will be stylin' now. I did finish my first bag the day you guys left, but I really botched it up--more than once. I made another one after that and it turned out much better. I have been online daily looking for free patterns and cute material. Did you get your Little Britches/Stitches book yet? I wish we lived closer so we could be sewing buddies.