Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lately

Well there's not a whole lot to blog about so I'll just post a ton of pictures like always. We are still in the adjustment stage for sure. I feel like everything has been easier the second time around but it is harder to get the rest that I need. Luckily Corbin still takes an afternoon nap, so I usually get to also. It's so nice to have Scott work from home. I have freedom like no other mom out there. I am spoiled. Like today I got to take Corbin to story time at the library and leave the sleeping baby at home. I still haven't ventured out with both kids on an errand by myself. I'm not ready to take that on yet, but with a husband working from home why would I want to? Corbin has done much better than we expected with his new little sister. Sometimes he is so sweet and fun and sometimes he is an absolute terror. I think this has more to do with his age than anything else. All in all things in the Cannon household are good. Scott is teaching a manrichment tonight on Home Defense and he has spent hours and hours on it. He will be relieved when that is over.
I'm sure many of you are wondering when our first trip to the ER with Corbin will be. We wonder too.
You are looking at Gabby's bed. There's no way I trust Corbin and Gabby in the same room together yet and there is no way I want Gabby waking Corbin up. Corbin used the bed to climb onto the shelf. He was very proud of himself.
Corbin loves his closet. It's like a secret wonderland. One day we found that is where he ended up taking his afternoon nap.
Scott's parents played trains with Corbin. He had so much fun.
Poor baby, even with the head support, she is too little to benefit from it. She always looks like this in the car seat. I think I might try stuffing it with blankets to support her neck.
Scott's dad is so good with children. He has the magic touch.
Sometimes this is what I look like. Sometimes I am dragging Corbin to time out while still nursing. Oh the joys.

This is a picture of one of my pregnant buddies baby. She had her baby one week after me. Seriously I think Austin could eat Gabby for lunch!

6 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

She's SO CUTE! Glad things are going well with Corbin! He's going to be such a great big brother!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! Funny Corby! love the pic of Austin and Gabs -that pretty much puts it too scale !

Jen said...

that was me - not my 10 year old who is in bed of course!

Shelley Beal said...

Keep those pictures coming! I LOVED your blog, it just made my day.

Unknown said...

Im so relieved things went smoothly the second time around. it gives me hope I wont be jumping off a bridge in May! Of course...we did get a glimpse of Brigitte's 'magic touch' with Gabby...trying to manhandle her and poke her eyes out...Im a fan of gabbys bed in the closet! (Although, i know no matter where you put it, Corb can find it, get in it, and use it to climb high up into someplace small! that kid...

Jarom and Melissa said...

Gabby is adorable, and it seems like you're doing well even with Corbin into everything. I love all of these pictures, especially the one with you holding the two of them. So cute. Hopefully you WON'T be going to the ER anytime soon. I'm glad he's so sweet with her though. And, I would suggest putting a blanket around her head in the head rest. That's what we did with Bryson because he was so little and he bent his head/neck into weird positions. He seemed to like having the extra cushioning to help him. Good luck with both of them. You're such a good mom.
-- Melissa