Corbin has done an amazing job. He wakes up dry after a 4 hour nap and he has woken up dry in the morning. I'm extra stoked that he can hold it at night, since I still can't. He is scared to go poo in the toilet and yesterday I just caught him starting to go and rushed him to the toilet. He's had a few accidents as well but hopefully those will end soon. Anyway needless to say it's been tiring and stressful. Every time Corbin breathes hard I think he's going to the bathroom and I am pretty paranoid to leave him alone still. I would say for sure in the end it's worth it. I'm glad I won't be dealing with pull ups for who knows how long. We are still trying to figure things out. According to the book you never force the child to go to the bathroom but in my eyes he's trained so now what. Do you make him go before church, before/after naps, ect. Right now he just woke up from a nap and we know he needs to pee and he won't. This morning after he woke up he wouldn't go and then he peed on the couch. So that is what we are working through right now. Not fun. It's just hard to try not to force him but he has to pee before bed and you've got to make him feel like he has the power. Anyway this is a work in progress for sure.
Boise had The Spirit of Boise this weekend and yesterday we went and checked it out. It was fun to see all of the balloons. Other than that every spare minute has been spent on Corbin duty, preparing my Young Women's lessson and now hopefully on reading Mockingjay.
5 comments:
cute hat mitzi!!
way to go on the potty training! Brigitte is half way ready and occasionally goes on the potty....but im not ready! maybe i should read your book and see if it helps!
ps - read mockingjay and then tell me what you thought.
That's great that Corbin took an interest and did so well training. I think it truly is one of the most stressful jobs as a young parent--least it was for me with Mya. Anyway, good job!
My SIL just sent me her copies of Hunger Games and the other one (don't even remember the name), but I still haven't started. Soon.
I heard this too late. One mother said she taught all her boys to sit down when they go. I never thought about that but if you keep that up it will save you so much mess in the future. Wish I had known that 40 years ago.
I'm proud of you for hanging in there with the three-day potty training. That sounds brutal, but if it works, I'm willing to try it. Bryson is an on again, off again potty-trainer, even when I keep asking him every twenty minutes. Maybe that would work for us. We'll see. Good luck with the continued effort. Cute pictures at the balloon festival. Your kids are adorable.
Post a Comment