Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fathers and Sons Campout and More

For mutual this week I took my girls to the Ronald McDonald house and we made the guests dinner that night. It's this really nice house that gives parents a place to stay that have sick kids in the hospital. They only pay $10 a night or free if they can't pay and they get room and board. This includes the food and they also have washers and dryers and pretty much anything they would need. It's really cool. Anyway after making them dinner I came home to my family and declared we were going to the Golden Wheel. This was our first time this year. They have great drive in food and we ate outside and had a grand time. I think I may be just a little in love with their grasshopper shake. Oh my!

This weekend was the father and sons camp out. This is the first year Scott has gone with Corbin because who wants to take any kid camping under 3? Just saying. They had a pretty good time. I guess the bugs were thicker than thieves. Corbin has quite a few bites on his face. Scott discovered that the air mattress he brought had a hole in it. Needless to say Scott and Corbin had a cuddly night. Corbin did really well. He had lots of fun going for walks, throwing rocks in the river, and playing with the fire (I'm not so sure about that last one). I took Gabby with me to Jo-Anns and then I put her to bed. My friend Jen came over and watched a movie with me since her husband is not into the camping scene and she could.

The next day she picked me up and took me and Gabby to a neighborhood garage sale. Those are the best, you can check out a lot of sales fast. I got some good stuff yesterday. You have to know I don't just go to these sales and buy other people's junk. I may go to 20 sales and buy one item. You have to work for what you want but sometimes you find the most amazing things, like the sweet all wood rocking chair I got for $6.00. Amazing! I wanted something to put by my doorstep and this works great. I mean it's not great, great like I have a front patio great but you get the idea. Anyway the rest of the day Saturday Scott cleaned out the garage and I painted my chair and planted flowers and we just worked all day long. Other than that there isn't much else to talk about.
Before:
After:
It's crazy bright but I love it. I have an all white house and I need a little crazy bright in my life.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Nice job working at the Ronald McDonald House. If ever we need a reality check, we know where to go. Cute pictures of Corbin camping. S'mores are so messy. Good garage sale find, too!

Scot and Jenny said...

Fun stuff! Love the chair by the way - it looks good on your porch!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

that chair is so, so cute!!! what a great find!

Anna Beal said...

LOVE that color Mitzi!