Sunday, May 6, 2012

Let's see it's been getting back to normal week. More than once I tried to close my eyes and wish myself back on the cruise. That's the worst part about leaving reality for a little bit, it makes reality a little harder for awhile. However I could not live in constant vacation mode either so there you go. It's been pretty rainy and cold all week. I am looking forward to some warmer weather. I'm sure my kids are as well.

Piper has been sick all week. Thank goodness this didn't happen last week. She had a high fever for 3 days, but it was managed with medication. Her appetite has gone down and her crabbiness has gone up. She has still slept very well which is a blessing. I finally set up a doctors appointment but last minute cancelled it because she didn't wake up with a fever that day. I definitely want to take her to the doctor but Scott is much more hesitant. In his defense she may just be teething and it costs us a lot of money to take her to the doctor. If she isn't better by tomorrow I am taking her in!

It was Scott's birthday on Friday. We went to Tucanas for lunch with Scott's birthday coupon. The kids ate for free. Sweet. It was very good but a little stressful. Our kids were the only ones in the restaurant so I was pretty self conscience when they did anything. Plus with Piper being sick I had to hold her constantly. It wasn't exactly a relaxing experience but the food was good. Corbin ate a lot. He must be a carnivore like his dad. That night we had pizza and cake. We also watched Thor and Scott played a lot of video games that day so I think he had a good day.

Lovely





At some point they both were in their skivvies while playing in the rain.

That's a lot of candles, we won't mention that I will have the same amount in 6 months. Oh wait I just did.

Poor sick Piper


4 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Scoot! We miss your sweet little ones at Nana & Papa's house. It's all quiet and lonesome! Sounds like you had a great birthday. I'm glad I could contribute a little by putting THOR in the mix! Sure love you and your cute little monkeys (that includes Mitzi too;)!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i am so sorry piper is sick. sick kids stress me out so, so much. i hope she starts feeling better soon and hopefully it is just teething. what a bummer. let me know if you need help with anything!
glad scott had a fun birthday weekend! i've never been to tucanos, but i heard it's yummy!

xo

Jarom and Melissa said...

Hopefully Piper starts feeling better. Happy Birthday to Scott. Tucano's is the best.

Jen said...

I didn't realize it was Scott's birthday the other day! Happy Birthday Scott! Sounds like it was a pretty great day!