Thursday, August 23, 2007

Boise, ID




For those of you who have not been to Boise, here is a picture of the city I will be serving and protecting come September 24, 2007. The mountains (if you can call them that) are not nearly as majestic as we have here in Provo, let alone Salt Lake, but they do have some great recreational locales nearby. I think I may miss the mountains enough, sooner rather than later, that we will find ourselves back in Utah sometime in the future. However, the city of Boise is fantastic, and they have a beautiful "green belt" that runs through the middle of the city. It has a long bike path that runs along the Boise River and climbs all the way to the reservoir in the mountains. We went on a ride along the belt with Hart, Jory, and the kids, and we saw people with inner-tubes floating down the river, we rode past Boise State campus, and saw a couple of fun monuments and parks that join up with the belt. Anyway, just a taste for those of you wondering what Boise, Idaho is all about. I'll have to send some pictures of my own once we get there. Speaking of which, here's one of downtown Salt Lake I took the other day that I have really enjoyed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boise looks pretty! I can't wait to come visit. Thanks for blogging. It gives me something to do besides check my email for the 10 hours a day I sit on my computer with nothing to do:)