So we called in the big guns. He contacted the department stats guru and ran one of our proposed solutions by him, to which he responded, "I don't think that's going to work." "That's what I was afraid of," my chair replied. So we set up an appointment with him for the next week. That appointment lasted about three hours and we still didn't have anything I could write up. Fortunately, we were close, and after some theoretical soul-searching, we were in business. I met with my chair again the next morning, we crunched the numbers, and I was off to the races. Sadly, after going through so much to discover the results, I was hoping for a little more to smile about. At this point it looks like none of my hypotheses were supported and the only significant relationships I found on the first trial faded away on the second trial.
In spite of this, I feel fine. Because there's nothing I can do about it at this point, and because I know I did my best gathering the data, I'm moving forward, writing up those unimpressive, albeit informative results, and am hoping to have everything wrapped up and defended in the next few weeks. My chair and I are sending drafts back and forth and while I'm waiting for feedback I'm packing stuff in boxes getting ready for our big move next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment