Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Some pictures that have been waiting around for a post...

I know you're probably all sick of hearing about my thesis, but I got the final bound copy in the mail a couple of weeks ago and it was really exciting. Now I can finally throw away that 7" stack of research forms I've been holding on to for four months, paranoid that something was going to go wrong. Looks like it all checked out. Hooray!

By popular demand, a picture of Officer Cannon in full uniform. This was after my first "practical day" in which we drive around in uniform with a training officer and do role-play scenarios with volunteers and off-duty cops. Sweet.

Out to dinner for Mitzi's 26th birthday. We were having a real problem deciding between our predetermined destination - Texas Roadhouse - and a Mexican restaurant. Actually, the problem was figuring out which we were craving more: Delicious Roadhouse rolls with honey butter or tortilla chips with salsa and bean dip. This time, the salsa craving won out.

So my new favorite online game gives you the option to post a picture identifier next to your name to help people recognize you. For a long time my picture was "?" because that's what they put for people who haven't decided on a picture identifier yet. Then Mitzi told me about this episode of Rachel Ray about obese pets which inspired me to look around on the web for some pictures. I found some that were just hysterical, but I especially liked this one. Now I am known online by this picture. Can anyone say "intimidating"?

7 comments:

Piper said...

Love the uniform!

BlogMOMster said...

A Master's Degree! I'm so proud of you! And no one can ever take it away. Master Scott - it has a nice ring to it. This in the achievement of a lifetime. Congratulations. Love you!

Sarady said...

Yo, Cannons, what's up? Mitzi, you look wondeful! Can't believe you are going to have a baby next month. Scott, I can't believe you're a cop and an official scholar. Thank goodness for the world of Blogger to keep us updated. Congratulations on everything. I'm so happy for you guys. It looks like life is going well.
The Muggers

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha!! That cat kind of looks like the Bitten! She probably weighs about that much.

Jed and Kate said...

Mitz, your hair is getting longer! I like it! Scott, you look very official in your uniform...and congrats on the finality of your thesis! That's great! That poor cat is NASTY!

Jarom and Melissa said...

We love the uniform!

Jarom and Melissa said...

Fat cat! I was totally cracking up. By the way, I have the video and photos from when you demonstrated the taser on me up and running on our blog. Totally hilarious. If you'd like you can embed the video too or follow the link and download it for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. We miss you guys.

Jarom