Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's Done!



After much blood, sweat and tears I am done with my quilt. Okay maybe minus the blood, sweat and tears but still it was hard. Luckily I had by good friend Jen by my side and now I some what know what to do. I'm pretty stoked about it. The binding for sure looks the worst but I was just too impatient to try to do a really good job or else I'm incapable of it. The sewing seems to be done by a drunken sailor but it looks good enough so whatev!
Corbin is still using the plate and fork appropriately.
Corbin loves, loves, loves to play outside but when I'm inside he comes and says hi to me every once in a while.
Corbin is a climber and he has the bumps and bruises to show for it.


Corbin loves eating apples. Don't be too disturbed by the color. He had been working on that apple for awhile.

11 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, great quilt! You put me to shame. You need to teach me this stuff.

It looks like Corbin can give Jamison a run for his money. Quite the little athlete (or daredevil). I love the picture of him and the screen door! So funny...

Jen said...

A Drunken sailor?!!!! I laughed so hard when I read that! To quote you, " I just keep getting skinnier and skinnier!" I think your quilt looks fantabulous. Great work Mitz!

Scot and Jenny said...

I love the quilt! It looks so great! Good job!

Anna Beal said...

Looks great Mitzi! Plus, Corbin is just so dang cute. The other day my girls were asking to go see Corbin, so I think we are definitely due for a visit.

sherri said...

That quilt is so cute! You did a great job! What's your next project??? I love seeing the stuff you come up with! You are becoming quite the seamstress! Way to go!

Karen said...

The quilt looks awesome! Great fabric choices. You're so talented. Definitely jealous of those skills.

And Corbin, what a cutie and daredevil. Eli's heading in that direction now that he can walk. The other day he went full force toward a set of stairs. The kid would have died if I hadn't caught him.

Jarom and Melissa said...

Nicely done with the quilt. Maybe one of these days, I'll venture a sewing project, with you as my inspiration. Corbin is funny. I love the picture through the screen door and all the places he gets into. So cute. Bryson has bumps and bruises too. I guess what they say is true: boys will be boys.
-- Melissa

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest picture of Corbin with his little face squished on the screen! He is so dang cute. Aren't you two the luckiets little parents:) xo

The Pucketts said...

Your quilt looks so good! I wish I knew how to sew. I tried to sew some curtains for our last apartment and you think that would be like the easiest thing to do since it's just a rectangle. Yeah, they looked pretty bad! Corbin is very cute, his daredevil antics sound like my Kyla. She, unfortunately, has no fear.

The Hannibals said...

You're amazing! I love the quilt.

Jed and Kate said...

Your quilt looks awesome!! I love the colors you chose and that pink fabric around the main border is my fave!! Way to go!!!!!
-Kate