Thursday, December 17, 2009

Corbin's first sleepover

Corbin had his first sleepover last night. I have to say it was a smashing success. Gabe and Christy needed a babysitter so they could go to Sun Valley. Gabe wanted to go skiing with my brother Hart. So we said Brigitte could come over no problem. She came over at about 1:00 yesterday. I let them run around and be wild for an hour and then I thought maybe they would go down for a nap. Can you believe they both went down for a 2 hour nap? They woke up within 5 minutes of each other both with stinky diapers. These two were twinners I tell you. After that they had a little snack and ran wild for a few more hours. After dinner they took a bath together which was hilarious. Corbin was actually more calm than normal. Just not as much space to do some serious damage I guess. They both went to bed without a problem, well that's not true it took Corbin a little while. He now uses a stool, or toy, or anything to prop himself up to reach his light. We had to take out the light bulb the other day. In fact he is napping right now with his light on. It's his new thing. Oh how I miss the good old days with the crib. Anyway they both slept like angels all through the night. I don't know how they did with Scott and I coughing all night long, but that's a different story.

They got up and I made them breakfast and then I dropped them off at my visiting teacher's house because Scott and I had eye doctor appointments. After that they somewhat tolerated each other until Brigitte got picked up from her other aunt around 12:00. I'm afraid the novelty had worn off by that time and these two were definitely acting like fighting siblings rather than fun loving cousins. But it was a great time had by all. In fact Gabe and Christy will have to leave town more often because Corbin is so much easier to us when he has someone else to play with.
Here they are eating a snack while still watching their TV show. So cute. And yes Corbin decided he didn't want to wear pants today. Whatever.
Here they are eating breakfast.
I was in the other room and when I came back Corbin had crawled out of his high chair to go and steal Brigitte's breakfast. Gotta love that. The thing about Brigitte is that she is scrappy. She didn't let Corbin push her around. It was pretty funny to watch.


They were dancing pretty good to the So You Think You Can Dance Finale last night. Of course they didn't dance as much in the video. You know how it goes.

6 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Awwww! They look like such great friends! Brigitte is SO cute!!

Shelley Beal said...

Fun fun, that was nice of you to help out.

Anna Beal said...

That is the BEST age for sleeping and eating! Looks like it was a fun time.

Jarom and Melissa said...

How fun is that? Looks like it was a success. Loved his three seconds of dancing.

Unknown said...

I cant believe they did so well. Seriously, I need to hire corbin to babysit! Thanks again for being the pinch hitter so we could escape! We had a blast but were glad to get home to our wild girl. Yes, she is 'scrappy'! I hope Corbin recovers from whatever damage she inflicted! She is just learning that she gets in trouble for slapping faces...not so cute anymore!

Let us return the favor anytime. Seriously, wed love to have corbin come stay for a while. Gabe could use an actual boy to hang with!

The Richards Family said...

How did you like the finale?? I thought Jakob should have won...anyway, you are so cute pregnant and Corbin is darling. I hope everything is going great, it sounds like it! I have to tell you...I put on the apron you made me and Marriner said "mommy, princess". I'm happy I can be a princess while cooking! Talk to you later!