Sunday, October 31, 2010

So There Really was a Family Theme

This years costumes ended up being somewhat randomly picked out, but in the end there was a bit of a theme.
Spiderman
Adorable butterfly
Lobsters
What you don't see the theme?
Clearly we are all arthropods, you know we all have a hard exoskeleton. Brilliant!
(Scotts' mom made our costumes and kindly let us borrow them. I'm pretty sure everyone thought I made them but I am not nearly that creative. These costumes are too hilarious. Thanks Janet!)

Last night we had a great ward activity. We had a dinner, followed by games, followed by a Halloween costume parade, followed by trunk or treating. Corbin was so excited. At the dinner he kept trying to steal other kids' trick or treat jack-o-lanterns. He knew at some point candy was going to be involved he just didn't know when. He would go up to people and say "trick or treating" and he would say to me sometimes "I"m so excited mommy!" It was for sure our best Halloween with him yet. Gabby stayed with Scott at the car and enjoyed her very first sucker while daddy passed out candy. We got home with enough time to wrangle the kids to bed and watch Sleepy Hollow (edited) with Quinton and Stephanie. It was a great Halloween. I think Corbin will have fun answering the door for trick or treaters tonight. It should be good times.
Corbin got some play dough last night and Scott made him a spider. Seriously? When I play with Corbin all I can make are snakes and eggs. Truly it is pathetic.
Yesterday Scott climbed to the tip top of our tree to bring down branches and leaves that have been bothering him for years.

10 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

your costumes are awesome. very clever :) was that theme an afterthought??? :)

i am in awe over that spider. seriously. so good.

The Cannons said...

Yep. Scott thought of it at the ward party.

Jen said...

of course you had a theme! LOL! Scott that Spider is amazing . It looks real! You guys were so funny!!!

mindy said...

That is AWESOME! You guys are so great!

BlogMOMster said...

Corbin is a fabulous Spiderman. He is totally BUFF. And Scott's spider is the perfect accessory. I hope the sweet little butterfly didn't get crushed by all you crustaceans.

Jarom and Melissa said...

For a second I thought it was Corbin up in the tree and I about had a heart attack. Totally funny.

Miss you guys...

Jarom

The Cannons said...

Jarom that is funny. Believe me, he would be up there if he could find a way.

Trisha said...

She is getting so big!

Sarady said...

Cool costumes. I love that you guys dress up too. But remind me never to play with play-doh at your house--spiders and snakes, eew!

Melissa said...

Only you guys could be so clever to figure out a theme when one supposed you were an un-themed family for Halloween. Cute costumes!