Sunday, November 21, 2010

Seriously!

Sewing can be hard and frustrating to most people I would say, however with me I think I take it to a whole other level. I've been wanting to make a birthday banner for a long time and I finally sucked it up and started working on it. I was really trying to finish it this week. I thought I was all the way done except for the binding to string it all together. I looked proudly at the one side and flipped it over, what the what! Seriously, I mean I can see so many things happening like having it be backwards, but total and complete randomness was not expected. The sad thing is I sat down and mapped it all out. I even called Scott to come and check my work because I wanted to make sure the banner would read "Happy Birthday" on both sides. I got the green light and went to work. I seriously have no idea what happened. It is hilarious though, it really illustrates so many things in my life. So funny. Anyway it's going to take me twice as long to fix it as it took to make it so get excited!

7 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

ha! that is exactly why i don't do crafts b/c everytime i try something like that happens. grrrrr... i feel you pain! it's cute though!

Shelley Beal said...

funny

E B said...

That is AWESOME! Nothing like a good laugh. Good job keeping your sense of humor with this one!

Jen said...

WHAT????? OHHH Mitz! Sorry that happened!

Scot and Jenny said...

dOh man that is so frustrating! i say don't worry about it and only use the one side. That's how lazy I am! It's really super cute though! I like the fabric.

Melissa said...

Totally random. Interesting how that kind of thing happens even with planning.

Unknown said...

now see, if you had sewn it like me, you could just peel the hot glue right off those letters and staple them in their right places!

Its nice to see someone so meticulous get the results I get so often. Makes you seems slightly more normal :)