Monday, March 7, 2011

You'll Never Guess

Okay so maybe from the title alone you've already guessed it. Have you? Well...we are expecting again! Can you believe it? I know we are clearly crazy or we soon will be. I am 14 weeks pregnant and due September 3rd. Keeping up with the tradition of having holiday babies, this one is due 2 days before Labor day. Back in about September/October I kept feeling like we were supposed to have another baby, which is kind of weird when you already have one. Anyway I talked to Scott and we decided to go ahead and go off birth control hoping it would take us at least 6 months like it usually does. Well I think my prompting was right because this baby wanted to come now. We got pregnant almost immediately. So far this has been my easiest pregnancy and I don't have hard pregnancies. I haven't had really any of the usual symptoms or any symptoms. I really feel like it's a blessing from our Heavenly Father, I think He appreciates us being obedient and He is blessing us. I can't tell you how many confirmations of peace I have had about this. I know this is what we are supposed to be doing. So although I should be freaking out, for the most part I feel at peace. I feel like it is such a blessing and miracle to be a mother and I am so grateful for the spirits I have been blessed with.

Today I had a little scare at the doctor's office when the nurse couldn't find the heart beat. That is always a little nerve wracking. I had to go get the baby checked on the ultra sound machine, and the baby looks great. Other than that we are just in great anticipation to go on our cruise in a few days. Originally when I found out the date I was so excited it was in March because I knew I wouldn't be nursing or pregnant. Well plans change I guess. I will just be in the nice chubby stage for the trip, oh well. We are so excited to go you can't even believe it!
Baby at 14 weeks, taken at the doctor's office today.
Baby at 9 weeks.

14 comments:

Liz said...

Congratulations! So glad that this pregnancy has been easy for you! My third was the best -- and he has been the easiest newborn so far.

Also, we are super excited for you to go on your cruise. Walker and I are planning a vacation for next summer (no nursing or pregnancies!), so you need to tell us your recommendations on this Hawaiian cruise.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

oh mitz!!! i am JEALOUS!!! good for you!!! i wish we could swing things so that we could be preg buddies again :) ---- but it is just not the right time for us!!!

i am so HAPPY for you!!! glad to hear you are felling good! you are the best momma!! this little one is lucky to be coming to your sweet famiy!!!

what are you hoping for now that you have one of each? :)

xo

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

p.s. i KNEW this even before you posted it. i just had a feeling :)

Pierce Family said...

HOLY COW!!! Congrats! Glad you are having an easy pregnancy.

Unknown said...

At last! I thought for sure you would be waiting to announce this little one when you found out what gender it is! I Cant wait for that post! Its not far away now - this pregnancy is flying!!!! Cant believe you are already 14 weeks. And Lucky you for not being so sick and tired with this one. That IS a miracle!

Amber said...

Congrats! So exciting! And I'm so glad this pregnancy is being so good to you! :)

Richard said...

Huzzah!!! Congratulations you guys! Enjoy your trip!

E B said...

Congratulations! I'm glad it's been easy on you. My third was the hardest pregnancy and a difficult adjustment when he got here. But I hope it isn't that way for you! There are times I think I'm crazy for having mine close together too, but mostly I'm glad the girls can entertain each other. And that we'll get them out of the house earlier : ).

The Cannons said...

I think it's a girl, so we'll see about that in 5 weeks.

Jarom and Melissa said...

Congratulations! We're excited for you guys! At this rate, we'll have our second by the time you have your sixth. Just kidding. Good luck with the pregnancy. You're in our prayers.

Scot and Jenny said...

Yay! So happy for you guys!

Royce and Annika said...

Congrats! Right now I can't even imagine number three. :)

Candice said...

Congratulations!! Having them that close together is fun (in the long run!) Love the picture of Corbin in the closent, he is a true Cannon character!

Kate said...

OMG, CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is such exciting news! And isn't the peaceful feeling that you're doing the Lord's will just so comforting? It is so apparant that you are an amazing mom - your kids look happy and you do too. Miss you guys and hope you can come see us in NYC some day! Best wishes for this next baby!!!
-Kate