Sunday, September 11, 2011

The week before I had Piper was a pretty good week. On Monday night I went to my friend's house to watch our weekly show together. They run a snow shack and we had smoothies that night. Tigers blood smoothies are so good. On Tuesday night Scott and I actually went on a date. I finally feel comfortable leaving Corbin and Gabby with a babysitter and now I have a new baby. Great. Anyway we went to 17 Miracles and we both really enjoyed it. Later on that night I went to a girls night with some ladies in my ward. On Wednesday night one of my former Laurels came over and we watched a movie. We hang out sometimes, it's kind of funny. She's kind of like my little sister. Then on Thursday night we just dropped our kids off and got finished with our last minute packing. I was able to pack in some good distractions for that last week of my pregnancy.

I forgot to mention the best part about being at the hospital was that it kind of felt like a weekend get away with Scott. It may sound corny or lame but that was some serious quality time together and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. When we got home from the hospital Hart and Jory watched our kids for 2 more days so we had that much more time together. It was great.

Scott went down to Utah to see his sister Nicole and to do some work. That was a rough couple of days. The first week with a newborn is rough for me. Luckily my sister in law Jory took C and G for a few hours one day. That was a huge help. I was so happy to have Scott come home. So were Corbin and Gabby. He has been super busy ever since he got back and whenever he comes home we all just can't get enough. He's kind of like a celebrity around here or something.

Piper is doing great. She had a clogged tear duct for a few days that I think has finally cleared up. She of course had her days and nights mixed up but she is already doing so much better. Last night she slept for 6 hours straight, she woke up and ate and went straight back to bed. I am already Baby Wising the heck out of her. Ha. She is a big spitter upper. I forgot how annoying it is to have a baby that spits up all the time. Corbin spit up all the time. I had to change my shirts like 3 times a day. I think Gabby spit up like 3 times ever, so we got spoiled with that. Piper is a spit up champion. Good times.

Nicole was up and walking around the hospital today! That is huge. If you want to follow her progress you can on the other Cannon Family Blog on the sidebar.


Corbin spent a lot of time playing video games this week. He's like an expert already. Scary. We are going to have to seriously cut back next week.


I bought a couple of balloons to welcome the kids back home. They were so excited! Do your kids love balloons as much as my kids?

Happy girl to be home. Gabby loves being home. It is so funny whenever we get home from a trip as soon as we get back Gabby runs in the house and just starts laughing and running and grabbing toys. It's funny.
Some nice orange spit up in that picture. At least the spit up isn't orange anymore. In case you are confused about the orange, breast milk is an orange substance called colostrum in the first few days of breastfeeding. By the way 7 months ago I was nursing Gabby, that is a little crazy to think about. Just call me Michelle Dugger.

We video taped Scott coming home. He kept trying to put Gabby down and she would say, "up, up." She had other plans.

5 comments:

E B said...

Hooray for celebrity dads! And balloons.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

your kids are so cute! piper sure looks lots like corbin! what a sweet baby!!! and you look WONDERFUL!! i can't believe how quickly YOUR body bounces back after babies! go mitzi!!!

i am glad scotts sister is doing better!
xo

Kelsey Rose said...

holy junk that baby looks just like Corbin

Melissa said...

Getting used to babies is definitely a challenge, and I'm glad you had some help. But now you're a total baby pro, right? Glad that Scott is back and Nicole is making progress.

BlogMOMster said...

I love your kids even MORE than balloons!