It's been a good week. Every Monday night I go over to my friend Jessaca's house and watch
The Bachelorette with her. I have been watched every season of
Bachelor/Bachelorette with her since we moved to Boise. It is our thing. I like watching that show with someone, it would be far too painful to watch by yourself. On Wednesday the Bishop invited the Mia Maids to join in on the Laurels and Priests annual BBQ at his house. I was stoked. I love BBQ's and I love games. They had the most delicious watermelon that I couldn't stop eating. Plus Jen made the most amazing s'more contraption recipe that is on Pinterest and I need to pin it and make it already.
I finally finished sewing my faux channel blanket. It almost killed me and it took forever. For one thing my sewing machine is messed up and I really need to get it repaired. It cannot handle thickness of any ort. So the stitching on my blanket is messed up but oh well, I finished! My sister-in-law has made like 4 at least. She is crazy. Although I have to say after all of the agony when I got it out of the wash I was pretty excited. That's the way sewing goes for me, I hate it almost the whole time and then I finish and fall in love with the final product (well most of the time, ha). I also decided to make another sister-in-law an apron since she is getting married in 3 days! So here are the links to those things in case you want some misery in your own life.
Blanket,
Apron. Of course I found these on Pinterest.
On Friday I worked the entire day doing the housework, yard work, laundry, and packing for our trip to Utah. It makes me a little tired to think about. We went to Utah yesterday for my good friends wedding reception. My friend Kristi was the reason my summer semester at BYU-Hawaii was a triumph when it could have easily been a tragedy. I originally planned to go to BYU-Hawaii for a summer semester with my roommate Heidi but she bailed and I went anyway. Luckily I had an acquaintance named Kristi who was also going to be at BYU-Hawaii at the same time. It's a good thing because I basically lived with her and her roommates and we had the best time! I hate to think what would have happened had she not been there. I think it would have been bad. Anyway so luckily when I got her invitation I discovered that she was getting married only a few days earlier than Scott's sister. Perfect! When we were at BYU-Hawaii Kristi was OBSESSED with Polynesian guys. She LOVED them. Well lo and behold 10 years later she married one. By the way her reception was very unique. They had Polynesian dancers perform dances for all of the different islands. It was fun. However the best part of the night was when Kristi did the daddy daughter dance and they started out dancing to a slow country song and broke out into a choreographed spliced dance number. I loved it!
So we are in Utah for most of the week. I have a few goals of things I want to do and places I want to see. We will see what happens. Peace!
 |
| I love how Piper's facial expression always seem to be "why is this happening?" |
 |
| My girls! Woo, they make me tired. I'm not sure if it's their genders or ages or both but wow! |
 |
| So cute! (Blanket and Baby) |
 |
| To the Bride. I kind of want to make one for myself and everyone else I know. |
 |
| Kristi finally got her very own Polynesian to have and to hold. Ha. |
4 comments:
i love your weekly updates! cute blanket and apron! ok, now that i am not working, we should seriously get together and do a sewing thing (IF you have time!!). but i think for the first couple, maybe i should just watch you make things??? :-) i want to be able to sew things so i can make simple dresses for layla; but i have never acutally sewn anything except a CORN BAG ...in my entire life life. seriuosly, i am totally not kidding (EMBARASSING, huh!!?). anyway, call me when you are doing your next craft sewing project. i'll bring you cookies and watch and learn from the master :-)
oh, and your kids are so dang super cute!
Oh my word - I love the bachelorette however I have to say that I think she is making some seriously horrible decisions so far! Me and my old co-worker text throughout the whole show so it's almost like we watch it together. Anyway - cute sewing projects!
Cute apron. Hope you have a good time in Utah.
YOU DID IT!!! The blanket looks perfection. I have 3 chevron stripe ones in the works. And by in the works I mean I bought the fabric :) I shudder to even think about it. And yet - I cant stop. WHY WHY?
Post a Comment