Sunday, August 19, 2012

Kelsey's wedding is in less than 2 weeks. I am definitely more nervous for her wedding than I was for my own. I worked on decorations a lot this week. I am basically done. I need to make a few more pom poms and that's it. I kind of think I will be doing stuff up until the day. I'm sure I'll find something else that we just have to have. Of course I am totally out of money by this point so we will see. I put my sister in law Christy in charge of the food so I want to help her our any way I can. She is a wizard with food and has thrown many a party. So I'm pretty excited to eat already. I think I'm going to be pretty anxious for the next 2 weeks.

 I made tin foil dinners on Friday night because it doesn't feel like summer can be over until I have one. We decided to just eat them in the back yard. It was tons of fun. I set out a blanket and the kids LOVED the dinners. I love doing fun, simple, easy, free things with my kids. I definitely feel strongly that you don't have to spend money and do elaborate things to create good memories for your kids. Of course spending money and doing elaborate things certainly has it place at times. While we were eating dinner Corbin said to me, "This dinner is delicious babe." So funny. Scott and I call each other babe all the time and sometimes Corbin does too. He doesn't quite get that they are special pet names we have for each other. Hilarious! Today in church Corbin also said, "protect me from my sisters!" Super funny. Kids really do say the darnest things.

My little corn munchers

Gabby painting it up.

Piper got next to Corbin and kept kicking her one leg up and down. So cute.

Tin foil dinners, they are delicious babe.


These funny kids.

Piper's army crawl has adapted. She is a funny baby. She growls all the time it's hilarious I have got to capture it on camera sometime.

3 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

jax calls shawn babe all the time! i love it! so dang cute!!!

i can not wait to see pics of the wedding reception! i bet it is going to be gorgeous!! let me know if you need any help with last minute things :-)

BlogMOMster said...

Little Pipes is speedy! Look at her go!

Good luck on the wedding - I'll bet all your hard work and planning will make it very special for Chelsey.

I'm excited to get to see you all!

BlogMOMster said...

Little Pipes is speedy! Look at her go!

Good luck on the wedding - I'll bet all your hard work and planning will make it very special for Chelsey.

I'm excited to get to see you all!