I saw this video the other day and thought it was pretty funny.
When my friend Jessaca invited me to go to the midnight showing of Twilight with her two nieces I wasn't so sure. For one thing I hate staying up late. Even in college I went to bed on average at 10:30. But I decided what the heck. When we got to the theater of course everyone was wearing t-shirts like "Team Edward", "Team Jacob", and my favorite my friend made that said "This Bella married her Edward." Very cute. Needless to say it was totally worth it to go with all of the hard core fans who swooned every time Edward did anything. I had zero expectations for this movie so I thoroughly enjoyed it. My friend on the other hand just re-read the book two days ago and of course was very annoyed that it wasn't like the book. No shocker there. I would say that Bella was definitely the worst actor in the bunch but I kind of liked her anyway. I had a lot of fun and I'm glad I went to the late night showing. Scott stayed up and waited for me by playing video games. We went to bed at 3:30 and I can honestly say I can count on one hand the amount of times I've stayed up that late. It was a lot of fun and I don't regret it at all. Of course my eyes were burning this morning when I had to put in my contacts. So I'm curious what did you all think?
10 comments:
Hey, I saw it last night too! Check out my blog!
http://quighen.blogspot.com/2008/11/twilight-at-midnight.html
I'm a new fan of the twilight stuff, just having read the books since Anne was born, so i'm excited to see the movie. I've heard mixed reviews about it so i'm not expecting anything super great, but it'll be fun to see the book come to life. I can't believe what a huge craze it is down here, is it the same up there in idaho?
By the way, Happy Birthday! And congrats on Corbin walking! We've got a little while for that with Anne :)
I haven't seen it yet but me and my sister in laws have big plans to go on Friday night so I am excited. Oh and by the way, I am super impressed by your staying up late! I'm not a night owl either and watching movies at night, you can pretty much forget it! I am notorious for falling asleep during the first 5 minutes or so.
I saw the movie yesterday and would rate it a 6 out of 10. Not great, not terrible. I felt it was defenitely lower budget, Edward was WAY overdone on the hair. I knew that they would have to change some things to fit it into a movie, but I hated that they changed Edwards character. There is NO WAY he would have needed Carslile have to tell him to stop and not kill Bella...so not the same. Anyway, I probably won't go to see it again, but it wasn't terrible.
IT was AMAZING!! I loved it! So how are you doing? You probably don't remember me, but I used to be one of your students in Health! anyways have a good one!
I agree that Kristen Stewart is a horrible actress, maybe even the worst. That was really my only complaint about the movie--the acting. Edward totally carried that movie, but then again, I guess he carries the books, too. Other than that, I was somewhat surprised at how much I liked it.
My expectations were pretty low as well because I love the books too much but I liked it and want to see it again. Edward kind of bugged...I never took as being so serious and brooding all the time in the book but he did a good job and I like Bella. The Cullens as a whole were awesome and I really like the high school humans, they were hilarious. I'm would still sport a Team Edward shirt.
I saw it with a squealing, swooning, teenage audience too. I felt pretty much the same as you--had low expectations, knew it had to deviate from the book some, but overall enjoyed it. It did a good job of capturing the overall feel of the book which was appropriately cheezy for teenage love-stories. I definitely think it could have been made better if the budget had been bigger and if it had a better director. But it fulfilled my desire to see the best scenes from the book brought to life. Fun times.
-Kate
Hey Mitzi, I just saw your comment about wanting to get a sewing machine. I have a Huskystar by Husqvarna. I really like it!! I can't remember what it cost, it was actually a graduation present. A couple of my friends have Brothers and they like theirs but I am not a big fan of that brand. I would venture to say that there isn't really a top brand until you get in the $300 and up price range, that is when machines get really good. Everything below that are pretty much the same. I have heard that machines that are top loading bobbins are quieter. Berninas are the best but the most pricey...they are the Porches of sewing machines. Most stores will let you "test drive" the machine to get a feel for each one and help you decide. I did that for a while until I found one that I liked. I hope this helped and I can't wait to hear which one you get.
Post a Comment