Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dance Festival

This past week has basically been a count down to the dance festival yesterday. I was just a little bit nervous all week that some of the youth were going to drop out or not show up to the dress rehearsal or something. But it was great everyone showed up to everything this week and our dance festival was awesome. I think there were about 1300 youth involved, which is just crazy. We showed up at the Taco Bell Arena at 11:00 am and had our stake practice the triple swing on the dance floor. After that we walked over to the BSU stake building where the kids had a snack and we tied some quilts. From 2:00 to 4:00 we had a dance practice with all of the stakes doing the group number. That was a little insane trying to get 1300 youth to cooperate but they did a good job overall. Scott and I were the only instructors doing this number so we tried to keep the peace a little bit on the floor. We then had about 40 minutes to hurry and shove in some pizza and get into our costumes. After that it was the dress rehearsal. That was finished at about 6:00 and we had an hour break. I brought some games so we played catch phrase with some of the youth while we were waiting. After that we waited on the floor until the performance at 7:30. It was a lot of fun to see all of the dances. Some stakes were huge. Their youth absolutely filled the dance floor. Our stake was the smallest that participated.

Our ward did so good. Everyone showed up and cooperated. Scott and I were very thankful.  At 9:00 we left the arena and stopped and got some food and then drove to Nampa to get Corbin from my brother’s house. Corbin had a fun day playing with his cousins. We are so grateful for Lance and Katie taking our baby all day. We got home at about 11:15 pm and went to bed. Needless to say it was a very exhausting day but it was a lot of fun too. Scott and I loved being the dance instructors for our ward.  It was fun to learn dances and to get to dance together. It was also a lot of fun to be so involved with the youth. We loved it. We are also very glad that it is over. It’s been a hassle arranging baby sitters and having extra dance practices and wrassling with some of the youth but it was totally worth it.

Sorry we are lame and don't have any pictures but I'm sure we will be able to get some copies somewhere. They are making a video and we will have to post our bad selves. It's going to be sweet. Get excited!

8 comments:

Jen said...

good work you two! I wish I would have seen it!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

That is soooo awesome that you guys pulled that off with a success!! What a fun memory for you two!!!! Miss you in YWs Ü

sherri said...

You guys were spectacular! All that hard work paid off! We were so lucky to have the best dance instructors! Great job!

Shelley Beal said...

We just LOVED it!!!!!

Jarom and Melissa said...

Glad things went well. Jarom and I are glad it was you guys and not us (I'm sure you're better dancers than we are too). We anxiously await the video footage.
-- Melissa

Anna Beal said...

Sounds like a crazy time! I hope you get some pictures. I'd love to see the costumes and stuff. I'm glad you were able to get Lance and Katie to watch Corbin...I totally would've if I didn't have "other stuff". Oh and thanks so much for the baby gift...It is soooooo cute!

Scot and Jenny said...

Fun! I'm glad it all worked out. I'll bet it is a huge weight off your shoulders!

Snap 'n' the Cheek said...

Sounds like fun! Hey, I am wondering if you'd mind if I put some of your sewing projects on my new blog in the future? Like I said, I'd give you all the credit. :) I just want put as many people's ideas on it as possible. Thanks for your great comments/suggestions!