Friday, May 15, 2009

SLC


Alrighty, now that it's this weekend how about an update on last weekend 'aye. We decided it was time to go down to the Great Salt Lake for a visit. We drove down on Friday and went to The Bonzai Friday night with Scott's parents. So yummy. Later that night Scott had the privilege of seeing Twilight for the first time. I'm not so sure he agreed. On Saturday of course Scott wanted to go to the Draper temple because the obsession continues. We only had to wait an hour to do a session, it could have been worse, right? After that we went to Hires (my favorite) for lunch. We then drove to Thanksgiving Point and went to the Tulip Festival. It was beautiful. Sorry no pictures we may have to steal some from Janet when she posts them.

Then it was onto Cannon Ball. When Scott and I were dating somehow a group of us starting playing this crazy game with a Pilate's ball and the tradition has continued every year since. I've gotta say it is a lot of fun. We play the first half just hitting the ball with our fists. In the second round we play with fists and legs. I somehow managed to score three points. I think it's because people didn't see me as a threat so they didn't guard me. Now don't they feel silly. I even scored the winning point. I'm just saying.

After that it was a onto a dinner extravaganza put on by Janet and off to the new Star Trek movie. I have to say I did not want to go to this movie but it was really good. If you like to watch good looking people who are actually saying clever lines then this is the movie for you.

On Sunday we just did the whole church and Sunday dinner thing. You know how it goes. We did get to play games and that was for sure one of my favorite things. I love playing games. We played Tripoly and The New Yorker and it was oodles of fun.

On Monday Janet and I got to do a little Corbin shopping and then we went to Cafe Rio and were on our way. It was such a successful trip. We thought we deserved a good trip after the Christmas fiasco. Here are some nice pictures and video of Cannon ball. I did play by the way I just played part of the time. I do have a baby to look after you know.


7 comments:

Liz said...

I want to play Cannon Ball!

The Cannons said...

We tried to call you guys but I guess you got a new number because the one I have was "disconnected". You'll have to e-mail it to us for next time, which means it's time to start planning a next time.

Scott

amanda cannon said...

that was SO fun! sweet footage! and i think that's the best description of the star trek movie yet to date!

Piper said...

We saw Star Trek last night and afterwards Ryan said "That was awesome, I got to call Scott Cannon". So he called, but I think we dont have your number anymore because the voicemail sounded weird. Anyways, it made us think of you guys! We loved it!

mindy said...

and then you came to visit your old pal mindy . . . oh wait . . . ;) Sounds like you had a great time! :)

Shelley Beal said...

What a BLAST that looked like!!!!!

Jarom and Melissa said...

Glad everyone had fun. Cannonball is the best!