Thursday, May 7, 2009

We're Gonna Party Like It's Your Birthday

It was Scott's birthday on Monday. (As a side note Scott and I are almost exactly 6 months apart which is kind of funny and weird. I guess I could think of his birthday as my half birthday if I wanted and he could do the same thing on my birthday). We started off the day with a yummy breakfast of sausage and french toast made with Maverick french bread. So good. Corbin wouldn't take one bite, he apparently thinks white bread is of the devil. He and my grandma Hart would have gotten along wonderfully. It was business as usual until we pawned off Corbin and went to dinner. We were happy to find out that Scott's family went out to lunch to celebrate. That is probably one of my favorite things about the Cannons, they are always up for a good celebration. We went to dinner at The Texas Roadhouse. I mainly like to eat my body weight in rolls. Yummy. Then we came home for chocolate pie and presents.

I bought these big balloons at the dollar store with the rubber band at the end. I thought they would make a fun birthday/FHE activity and boy was I right. Only I thought we would have fun when they were actually inflated. Wrong. Scott would start blowing up the balloon and then he would let go and it would go flying everywhere. Corbin thought it was so funny and scary! He would scream and run and put his little man fists over his mouth. We basically thought it was the funniest thing ever. After that we put Corbin to bed and watched
24. The perfect ending to any birthday celebration I say.






9 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Happy Birthday!

sherri said...

Hysterical! It's a homemade horror show starring Corbin! I love it! Hope you haven't traumatized him for life! ha ha Happy b-day, Scott!

Jen said...

I'm reporting you two to Child Services! That would have only been better if you had those ballons that squeel when the air goes out! FUNNY!!!

Sarady said...

Happy Birthday, Scott. Happy half birthday, Mitzi.

Jarom and Melissa said...

that is frickin hilarious! the way he puts his hands over his mouth was pretty darn funny.

Jarom

Jarom and Melissa said...

Oh, and by the way, happy birthday, old man.

Piper said...

Happy Birthdy Scott--and half birthday Mitzi!

BlogMOMster said...

Oh, I LOVE it. Scaring your own little kids was one of my most favorite things to do as a mom. Isn't Corbin darling?! Running and squealing - he's just so very cute. What a super birthday celebration. Just watching made me squeal too!

Jarom and Melissa said...

Hilarious videos. Happy Birthday, Scott.
-- Melissa