You would think I would be offended when I got the most votes for not being able to keep a secret, and for not getting one vote with someone trusting me to check their parachute before take off, but I was so happy because that's what I predicted and that scored me 3 points each. Unfortunately with some of these unflattering attributes I still didn't win the game overall but with couples scores added together the Cannons won. Boo ya.
We woke up and had a fabulous breakfast of french toast, hash browns, bacon, eggs, fresh fruit, juice, and milk. Yum it was so good; I want some more of that right now. The rest of the morning we just hung out. Scott emptied the room when he started talking politics (and although he didn't bring it up, he sure ran with it) and we had a fun time watching the kids feed the horses apples.
The men had several feats of strength competitions. The standing jump, running jump, arm wrestling, and stick pull. Scott won everything except for the stick pull which was a draw between Royce and Scott. He is so hot right now.
We all left at various times and a few of the hard core joined up later at Cottonwood Elementary for some Cannonball. After that Scott and I made an appearance at Clark's pirate party at Joe's Crab Shack. You might not know this but September 19th is National Talk Like a Pirate Day and Clark and his friends like to celebrate by dressing up like pirates and going out to eat. It's pretty funny I have to say.
The rest of the weekend festivities were spent with the Cannon family. On Thursday night Scott joined the rest of the Cannon siblings in their co-ed soccer game. On Friday morning Scott, Carole and I did a session in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. On Sunday we got to listen to Janet's fabulous Sunday School lesson and great talks by Nicole and Rustin. There was a little drama when Corbin escaped from the nursery and I was kind of freaking out. We couldn't find him for a good five minutes and I was scared he had made it out the front door. Luckily he just joined some other kids in sacrament meeting. Not much else happened other than that we had yummy Sunday night dinner followed by a few games. On Monday Scott had a business meeting and then we ate lunch at Hires and hit the road. It was a great fun filled weekend.
3 comments:
Wish we were there :(
Jarom and I are sad we missed out. We would have flown down to be with everyone and had Bryson in the mix. Too bad. Sounds like a good time though.
Looks like so much fun! Dude, I think I've been to that cabin. I think I went to a Halloween party there circa 2002. And I randomly remember that the girl hosting was dressed as a cop. That cabin was huge and amazing!
-Kate
Post a Comment