There was also a swimming pool and basketball court and a huge grass area. Unfortunately the grass was over watered and too boggy to allow us to play any serious games like capture the flag or something equally sweet. I went over to Hart and Jory's to borrow some camping supplies and last minute arranged to leave Corbin with them. It was a great decision. Scott and I had tons of fun doing whatever we wanted. We weren't running after our crazy little bubba the whole time.
When we got there a lot of people went swimming before dinner. I missed all of Scott's tricks while I was helping out in the kitchen. We ate some yummy dinner and gathered some youth to play a few rounds of Spit/Nertz before the camp fire. We then gathered around the campfire to sing songs. My mom would have loved it. It was pretty fun for the first half hour but it kept going and going. It became quite painful to be frank. After that we played some more card games followed by Scott entertaining the crowd with some karaoke of "Jailhouse Rock" and "Bad Bad Leroy Brown." I wasn't feeling too good by that point. I had eaten too much junk food and being pregnant my body can't handle that. I finally dragged Scott to bed at 1:00am and when we arrived at the cabin I had the luxury of vomiting in my own private bathroom. Too much information I'm sure. The next day we had some less-than-stellar egg muffin sandwiches for breakfast. Usually I love them, but the english muffins really need to be toasted and these weren't. Translation, I took a few bites and had to run to the bathroom. Between girls camp and this camp out I have officially vetoed english muffins for camp outs. GROSS! We then cleaned up and cleared out. It was a lot of fun.
8 comments:
How fun! Wish I felt better so we could've joined you all for the fun campout!! :(
Kinsley threw up four times last week... I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about not having anymore kids! I gag just thinking about it. Way to handle it prego!!!! You are my hero!
Corbin is such a cutie in that suit. He actually looks all grown up.
Isn't it so sad to see your baby puking? I always feel so helpless, and you know they're absolutely miserable. I hope he's feeling better.
I can't believe you got that cabin all to yourselves! That is awesome!! That NEVER happens!
Poor little guy. That is NOT fun! Glad you had fun at your campout!
Sounds like you had fun at the campout besides maybe the English muffins and the vomiting part. You lucked out on that cabin. We miss cabins. Glad to hear that Corbin is feeling better. It's so sad when they're sick. Cute pictures of the boys matching.
-- Melissa
Oh, Corbin looks so dapper! And Grown Up! This is all happening so fast.
Um just ignore this
Post a Comment