Wow. I really can't believe I've been graduated for 10 years. It's weird. I remember on my graduation night thinking 10 years is going to go FAST, and it did. Time flies when you're having a good time. Class reunions are typically on the same weekend as Arco Atomic Days. It's a weekend where we have a parade and lots of booths are set up in the park and they have baseball tournaments and a fun run, you know all that small town good stuff. It was also my brother Hart's 20 year reunion and in 10 more years it will be Hart's 30th, my 20th and K &K's 10th. That's kind of crazy don't you think.
There weren't any big shockers. Some people had less hair and more stuffing around the middle. Although one classmate had grown a super long beard. I would say that was the most shocking thing. It reminded me of Hot Fuzz and "his big bushy beard!" I wish more people would have come. I was a little disappointed that people who live less than 2 hours away didn't come while others came as far as Chicago. We had a bbq after the parade and a dinner that night. There were some awkward moments but overall it was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed talking to them. After dinner most of us gathered around and just laughed and talked for at least an hour. I loved it. I really think it's different when you grow up in a small town. You really know your class mates. I grew up with most of them since kindergarten and just think of the hours we spent in school together. I'm really glad I went and I'm excited to go to the next one, although to think of being graduated for 20 years really freaks me out.
Corbin at the parade
Good times were had by all in Arco that weekend. Summer nights in Arco are one of my most favorite things. Friday night we watched The Blind Side. Finally. We liked it a lot. There was plenty of chocolate almond ice cream and not nearly enough air conditioning. There were about a million 4 wheeler rides with Corbin (that is an unquenchable thirst). Corbin could be seen harassing Brigitte the whole time. He was constantly hugging her and calling after her and saying "hold hands!" Hilarious. He is in love with her I must say. By the way I went over to Gabe and Christy's and Corbin and Brigitte were running around naked in the sprinklers. Oh my, a site to behold!
Look below for other updates and pictures.
Look below for other updates and pictures.
2 comments:
What a fun weekend with the parade and everything. Good job on your 10K.
Fun! I don't know if I am going to be brave enough to go to my reunion this year. People probably wouldn't know who I am. Akward! Ha ha ha! Nice job on your 10k too!
Post a Comment