Friday, July 23, 2010

St. George Pictures

The Cannon Family St. George 4th of July vacation was a huge success. Now this truly is my kind of vacation. Stay in a nice house with a pool, check, eat lots of junk food, check, go shopping, out to movies, and out to eat, check, check and check. We all look forward to this vacation so much. We were a little nervous when the previous house we vacationed in sold but Carole found another one and it worked out great. At first I was really missing the first house but in the end I felt like the new house suited at least our little family even better. The swimming pool was much more kid friendly and the front room was very spacious with lots of seating. The worst part is definitely getting there 2 days of travel with 2 children is not fun. But overall it was for sure worth every effort to get there and then some.
Corbin got creative with toys and pulled the dishwasher out and pushed it around like a train. This worked well until he slipped and gouged his cheek with a grill fork. Yikes!

Fireworks with Papa.
Watching fireworks with Nana.
A view of the house.
The backyard view.

Tuachan outdoor theater where we watched Tarzan.
The beginning of our floating the Virgin River experience. It was pretty fun for the first hour.
Papa carrying Gabby on the river.
Nana taking on Corbin.
The Virgin River is pretty shallow as you can see. It makes for difficult floating at times.

Scott took Corbin to hike around the red hills.

He found a real live tortoise in the wild.




This is about the only 2 seconds Gabby was ever in the pool. She hated it!
If you wanted to find Corbin you didn't have to look very far most likely he was with his Nana 24/7.


Cute picture of Gabs.

Carole took family pictures for us. I think there were over 800 pictures shot. No kidding! Here's an idea of what it's like trying to take family pictures with a baby and a 2 year old. Awesome! I think we did get some good ones. I'll do a future post on those.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

What a fun trip. I absolutely love the family photo. The joys of trying to photograph a two year old!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

That looks like a fun little vaca!! I love that baby floaty thing that Gabby was in at the pool!! How cool is that!!?? Where did you get that at???

The Cannons said...

I got it at Target I think or Wal-mart. We've had to buy 2 because we lost one and I think we got one from each store.

Jarom and Melissa said...

I about died laughing thinking of the potential disaster of slipping while pushing around the dishwasher rack. I see missing eyes and mauled appendages...

Jarom

Jarom and Melissa said...

I about died laughing thinking of the potential disaster of slipping while pushing around the dishwasher rack. I see missing eyes and mauled appendages...

Jarom

The Cannons said...

Amen Jarom. We are idiots.