Sunday, January 16, 2011

On Goes the Winter

This week we've been pretty cooped up. Corbin has had a runny nose and cough all week. His runny nose is getting a little better, thank goodness. Snotty noses gross me out. I feel like I've been wiping his nose 500 times a day. Gabby is just starting to get sick so we'll see how bad she gets it. We couldn't go to the indoor gym this week because of the sickies and no church for the kids today. Scott stayed home with them and I got to go to church to teach my first Mia Maids lesson.

Scott went to Utah for work for a few days this week and I am so glad when he gets back. The days can just be really long and then there's no one to talk to at night. Plus when Scott is gone he takes the internet and cell phone with him so that makes me feel a little extra isolated. On Thursday I knew it was going to be a long boring day so I worked like a dog making crafts for a few lucky people. I was sewing for hours that day. I was glad I had something to keep me busy and distracted. I was making a small apron and I used Corbin to help me measure it. Of course then he thought it was his and he loved it, so I busted out another apron just for him to have. I put a pocket on it because he's such a hoarder I knew he would love to stuff it full of toys, and he does! Now he can help mom cook in the kitchen and be more official. He does like to help out in the kitchen.

On Friday night I invited a few girls from my ward to come over and watch a chick flick and that was tons of fun. I might have to do that every time Scott leaves. It gives me something to look forward to and it's nice to have people to talk to who aren't children. One girl brought so much food it was ridiculous, but hey I'm not complaining. I want another fruit rope right now. Well that's about it for this week. Peace. Sorry no new pictures of the Gabs, although this week she has been big into growling. It's hilarious. I must capture it on video.



I captured some growling on video. Hooray.

5 comments:

E B said...

No husband AND no internet? That would make it seem twice as long!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i love the apron! it is SO cute. corbin looks especially happy in it :)
i am so bummed about not being able to join ya'll friday. i bet it was tons of fun! i hope scott goes out-of-town again soon so you can have another one :)
xoxo

Anna Beal said...

I am also WAY ready for Spring!

BlogMOMster said...

I love to read your blog and see pictures of your darling little ones! Makes my day!

Shelley Beal said...

What a great idea to have that party! Hobbies make days so much richer. Loved hearing from you.