Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Well vacation is over and we are back into our regular routines over here. It's nice to get back on track. Scott is thinking about being a seminary teacher and he's taking the steps necessary to do that. He is taking Preservice Seminary training classes. His instructor is the head seminary instructor in the Boise area and they were down a teacher and he asked Scott to teach it. In two weeks he will be teaching two classes every other day. So that is kind of exciting, and unlike secondary student teaching at least his is paid. Nice. He's excited to get this opportunity before he gets further into the program to see if he really wants to do it.

Corbin and Gabby play better together now that Gabby is more mobile. He's pretty cute with her most of the time. He will cheer her on "you can do it Gabby" trying to persuade her to crawl into his room and play with him. Gabby will be 11 months in two days. She loves to eat, and she eats a lot. She has graduated from baby food. The last time I tried to feed her rice cereal she started screaming and gagging, (that was months ago) she has more advanced food buds now. She's still pretty unsocial but she is very cute and funny with her family at home. Corbin is just a big kid now. As far as I know things in Primary are going great. I may hear otherwise, but so far so good. It's funny to hear him try to tell us stories about things he saw, especially when he's trying to put the sentences together. The other day he wanted to watch something on TV so he said "May I have some more, watch the game please." We thought it was pretty funny.

I got released as the Laurel advisor and got called as the first counselor in the Young Womens Presidency. My friend Jen is the president and she's going to be great. I'm excited. I love being in Young Womens so I'm glad I got to stay on. I am going to miss working with the old presidency, they were amazing. I'm also trying to force myself to practice the piano. I am so bad at it, and I would like to play better so I better practice. I hate practicing though so we'll see how that one goes. Other than that things are same old same old around here. This January has been especially cold for Boise, I feel like I'm in Arco, but then I find out it's 17 below there so I know it could be much much worse.

We are trying to be better about FHE and last night we had a really good one. Here we were playing scripture pictionary for the activity portion. Don't mind my picture. I am the worst!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like all is well! Glad you accepted your new calling! WHEW! My life got easier when you said yes but thats generally how our relationship goes!! Wow, Cold in ARco!! YIKES! OH and by the way are you sure I can't get in on your giveaway because I'm totally lusting over that new Amy Butler pillow you made! I WANT IT! Ok, I know I have THEE most adorable apron and really appreciate it. I think of you everytime I wear it and say to myself" I love my friend Mitzi, she's so thoughtful of others" Love you girl!!!

Shelley Beal said...

Made my day hearing your news. LOVE IT!

Melissa said...

It's always nice to have an update, and I'm glad things are going so well. It cracks me up that Corbin cheers Gabby on so she'll come in and play with him. Bryson's ready for a sibling, but we're so not there yet. Glad you're still in Young Women's and loving it. Good luck with the piano and everything else.

Anna Beal said...

I think Scott would make a good Sem. Teacher. As long as he can kick em in the rear when they misbehave :)

BlogMOMster said...

What wonderful little children you have! You are such a great mom, Mitzi!