Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Babysitting Cousins and Teething Pains

Last Thursday we babysat Gabe and Christy's kids and that was some crazy good times. Our kids are about the same age so it's kind of like two sets of twins. Corbin and Brigitte are super funny together and Spencer and Gabby are in competition with each other. If Gabby saw me holding Spencer or vice verse they were not happy about it. Luckily Scott was home so we tag teamed and we would grab and switch babies as needed. You can't trust Corbin and Brigitte together their mischievous levels increase astronomically. It's fun that they are so close in age though.

On Friday Scott went on his manrichment camp-out so I decided to go have fun with the kids. We were going to go to McDonald's because Corbin loves burgers and fries and then they could play, but on the way I saw the Mexican restaurant by our house and thought that sounded good. So I asked Corbin if he wanted to go get some chips and salsa instead and he was on board. It was kind of weird going out to eat on a Friday night with just my kids but it was great. They were really well behaved and it worked out well. We got seated immediately and then we were given chips and salsa immediately. This is a must when eating out with children by yourself I would say. Unfortunately the food wasn't very good but the experience was totally worth it. After that we went and picked up the dry cleaning and got a treat at the dollar store. We had some good times.

Gabby was in the best mood for like four days in a row, it was awesome. She's actually pretty happy lately as well. I just think being sick and teething make her an unhappy camper. That is completely understandable, but this is kind of new to us. Like I said, Corbin doesn't complain much about pain so we never noticed when he was teething. Drooling wasn't a tip off, because he's three and he's still drooly and he was never crabbier because of it.

Not much else is going on. I'm still working on some of those pay it forward projects. I'm almost completely done I'm just procrastinating my last thing. I really need to motivate myself to try to deep clean or paint or something but I'm not feeling that motivated yet. I've been watching season 1 of V and I've liked it. Like I said TV on DVD is my favorite thing and luckily for me my mother in law loves it too, so she helps feed my addiction.

Scott is extra busy between teaching two classes of Seminary, counseling his PSR kids, and working for his dad. Things are going to be really busy for him for the next few months. So far Seminary teaching is going well and he's liking it.

I think she might be working on her back molars, because they are swollen. Look at her upper back gums, they are actually purple and blue. Ouch!

Spaghetti night!

I'm really trying harder to read MORE to my children. Love them!

Corbin, Brigitte, Gabby, and Spencer

Corbin and Brigitte decided to pull out all of the clothes from his drawers. Excellent idea!

6 comments:

BlogMOMster said...

Thanks for blogging! Reading a new blogpost is the highlight of my day! I asked my friend, nurse Marilyn White, about Gabby being crabby. She wondered if Gabby may have an allergy to milk or be lactose intolerant. She said sometimes switching to soy milk instead of cow's milk helps. Nothing like this had occurred to me so I thought I would mention it. Glad to hear that she has been happier. She is surely getting cute and more interactive. She is almost one!!! I love to see little Corbin - he has stolen my heart. Do you have birthday ideas for Gabby???

Shelley Beal said...

HA! That reminds me of when Keaton and Kelsey used to strip all my beds. Great update.

Nicole said...

I'm so glad to see they like their magnetic easel thing. That makes me so happy. What a cute bunch of little rascals. Adorable!

Unknown said...

what the....?

I had no idea Brigitte had inspired Corbin to get into so much trouble!!! I felt so bad after we picked up the kids because I knew it had to be awful. So please please let us return the favor!!!

And also I felt doubly bad because my kids are carrier monkeys and I am keeping my fingers crossed that Gabby does not get what Spencer had this week. If she does, send us the ER bill!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

how fun that your kids have cousins so close in age!! i wonder if jax is cutting his molars too. he has been so cranky. poor kid! :(

Jarom and Melissa said...

So many fun things going on, besides the teething of course. Hopefully she'll get over that soon. Got to love cousins!