Sunday, February 6, 2011

There's been a bit of a role reversal at our house lately. Scott has been the one initiating Blizzard runs and he's been ordering mint Oreo, not that I'm complaining. Friday night we had our DQ run and then we put the kids to bed and watched a movie. This is sort of our unofficial dates these days. We just got The Town edited and we both enjoyed that. We have always enjoyed watching movies together, it's one of our favorite things. On Saturday I went to best of EFY with our ward. Hardly any girls came which was too bad because it was really good, they missed out. I think that is one of the blessings of being in the Young Women, you have constant opportunities for neat spiritual experiences. That night we had another movie night with some ladies in the ward. It was so fun. Sherri brought a huge bowl of caramel popcorn (LOVE IT! LOVE HER!) Anyway I ate my body weight in that for sure.

Gabby has been so pleasant this whole week. It's been wonderful. Tonight especially she has just been up and happy for hours, and completely and totally low maintenance. It's amazing, hopefully this will continue. It is the best! Corbin says and does funny and annoying things all day. Today he said "Torbin got the trains out, he is very excited!" That's right, he insists that his name is Torbin. "My name is Torbin, not Torbin." Anyway he can say his C's, that's why it's really weird and funny. I wish I could think of some more funny things he's said but I'm drawing a blank.
I mostly let Gabby feed herself. It makes a mess, but she likes it and then I can worry about feeding myself instead of feeding her. Fantastic. The worst part is she likes to grab her hair with dirty fingers. That is definitely a little annoying.
(Because if you take a picture of Gabby, you need to take a picture of Corbin. Somebody please wash that boys face!)

8 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

oooh! i will do a dq run with you whenever you want girl!! :)

your kids are cute. loved the video!!!

Anna Beal said...

I am so glad that Gabby is being easier for you. I can relate to the feeling :)

Jarom and Melissa said...

Cute pictures of the kids. I can't believe how big Gabby is getting. She's doing a pretty good job feeding herself. So funny that he likes "Torbin" instead.

Scot and Jenny said...

We love our DQ runs over here too! Remember how I always used to get Nerds in mine when we were in college? Now looking back...that's pretty gross. Now I am all about Heath or M&M in case you wanted to know...

BlogMOMster said...

Hey, who needs hair gel??? Food is such a convenient alternative and so handy at every meal. What a concept!

BlogMOMster said...

Hey, who needs hair gel??? Food is such a convenient alternative and so handy at every meal. What a concept!

BlogMOMster said...

Looks like I'm repeating myself. Not sure how that happened. Must be getting old. I love little Torbin. He is tertainly tute.

Shelley Beal said...

Love seeing those kids and hearing your news!