Tuesday, February 22, 2011

President's Day Weekend

The SLC Cannons came to visit the Boise Cannons this last weekend. Nana, Papa, Nicole, Rustin, and Carole came up. They got into town around 8:30 where we met them for a late night dinner. It was Carole's birthday on Friday. Happy Birthday Carole, thanks for celebrating with us! Saturday morning we went to Jerry's for breakfast and then we went to watch Scott and Rustin play some ward basketball. We got there just in time to watch about the last 10 seconds. We stayed and played some basketball of our own. After that other wards showed up but they needed Scott and Rustin to play with them too. The lady folk went to the mall to do some serious shopping, followed by Smash Burger. After that a few braved the crowded cold hotel pool, followed by a warm up in the tub. That night we got Costco pizza and played some games. I really must practice my lying skills if I ever want to be any good at liar's dice. On Sunday we joined the Cannons for a continental breakfast at the hotel, followed by church, Sunday dinner, and games. (Also on Sunday I got to see one of my old best friends, so that was fun. She was in town and needed somewhere to go to church so she came to church with us. I wish we could have had more time but it was fun catching up with her for a bit). On Monday we had breakfast together and a bit more shopping. We went to Five Guys for lunch, followed by Sub Zero ice-cream. After that the Cannons headed back to Utah. We had so much fun with them and love it when they come and visit. Corbin is especially in hog heaven having his Nana all to himself.

3 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

sounds like a fun wknd! i LOVE that last picture of you and gabby!!! seriously. that should be blown up and put in your bedroom. black and white. so cute!


did you like smash burgers? i have never been there before and haven't heard anything about it. i really, really like 5 guys tho--- like waaaay too much food but i think it is yummy (at least the one in if was!!)

The Cannons said...

I had never eaten at either place. We ate at Smash Burger first and I really liked my burger, but then we went to Five Guys and I really, really liked my burger. I think I need to go there again soon.

Jarom and Melissa said...

What a great weekend. We like Smash Burger around here. Fun pictures, especially the last one. So cute!