Sunday, May 22, 2011

Life is same old same old. Gabby is walking and crashing more and more all the time. Corbin and Gabby continue to have tons of fun playing outside and my varicose veins in my legs continue to grow like weeds! On Friday we had our girls camp fundraiser so I spent a few days cooking in preparation for that. My house at one point smelled like pork chalupa, German chocolate cake, cookies, and homemade bread. Trust me when you have all of those smells going at the same time it is not appetizing. Scott's parents and brother came and visited us for the weekend. We had so much fun. Unfortunately we don't have any pictures. Janet took a bunch but we didn't get a copy of them. Oh well. That night we went to the ward dinner and afterwards we hung around and played with the kids until they went to bed. While we were just hanging around we created the game porcupine table. It is was so addicting. Janet bought some squishy balls for Gabby and Corbin and Jeff kept throwing them and trying to make them stay on the coffee table. Eventually we all joined in and a serious competition broke out. We played for at least an hour. There were five balls and we tried to see how many throws it took to get them to all stay on the table. By the end Scott actually got 5 for 5 which was amazing in and of itself, but it was even more amazing since his last record was 13. After that we played club 7 and I had some serious beginners luck and totally dominated.

Saturday was a really great day. I headed out and checked out some garage sales. I love doing that! I got another pack n play that wasn't even for sale for $5. I asked how much it was and she said it wasn't for sale but that she would sell it to me. I told her I was only willing to pay $5 and she said that was fine. Success! (Brand new those range from $50 to $200). Seriously who would buy a $200 pack n play? Retarded. I have a big list of things I want so I will hopefully be able to hit a few sales every weekend so we'll see how I do. After that we had breakfast at Jerry's (formally Elmers). We then took a drive to Table Rock to get some rocks for our flower bed. It was fun to see Boise greener in the spring time. We then went to the river and rented paddle boats. After that we crashed for a few hours and later we went to dinner at Cool Hand Lukes. We came home and played a few aggravating games of Settlers. This morning after breakfast we played Club 7 for awhile and then the Cannons headed out. It was so fun to have them come and see us for the weekend. We loved it!

Gabby loves to eat and she is just like a puppy dog. If she sees that you have food she will head straight over and proclaim "nana!" (That is what she calls all food). After she had already eaten her dinner she continued to beg bites off of Scott.

Porcupine table. I think we might have to bring those balls with us down to St. George for 4th of July and see what amount of competition and mayhem we could raise.

5 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

jax is the exact same way with food! i swear he eats more than i do!!! ha! we should hit up garage sales together some time... but you must know - i don't have it in me to go all day. garage salin' in my world is like 2 hrs in the morning max .....or i get cranky :)

Ilene Thatcher said...

Hey! Your blog is so cute! I love all your fun crafts! Sorry I'm a little behind but congrats on the pregnancy :) I hope all continues to go well.

Jarom and Melissa said...

Love the food begging. That's so funny. Glad you had Scott parents down and that everything is going well. Nice job scoring the cheap pack n play (that wasn't for sale, no less).

-- Melissa

The Cannons said...

Chelsey I am the same way. I like to go in the morning preferably for 1 hour max 2. Love it.

BlogMOMster said...

Wow great post. I took all the pics on Jeff's phone because it has a better camera and I haven't gotten them off yet. Must do - then I'll share with you. Loved having time with you and the darling little ones. So fun to see Gabby toddling around and to get loves from Corbin - i'd drive 5 hours for that any day.