Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Week Full of Somethings

This has definitely been an eventful week. It was Scott's 30th birthday on Wednesday. Happy Birthday. I'm terrible with gifts and surprises. I decided I wanted to try to do SOMETHING special for his birthday especially since he turned 30. Anyway I knew he had to teach seminary that day so I thought maybe it would be fun if we surprised him and brought cupcakes to his classes on his birthday. It sounds simple enough and it was but I totally stress out about the smallest things. Anyway so I had to fake a young women's meeting and I went Jen's house and made the cupcakes. That night we had a relief society meeting and afterward I had to book over and frost all of the cupcakes. I also hid the balloons at Jen's house too. The worst part was when Scott told me his class wanted him to bring them cookies for his birthday. I thought okay great, do I just spoil the surprise and tell him I'm coming with cupcakes, do I make them cookies and cupcakes, or do I not make them cookies. I decided to tell Scott that I didn't have time or ingredients to make Cookies (pretty much true) and to tell his classes I promised to make them cookies another time. On his birthday I got up early and made Scott a birthday breakfast and as soon as he left I got myself and the kids ready to go surprise daddy. I was so worked up about this I couldn't sleep. I woke up at 4:45 and just waited until go time. Ridiculous I know. Anyway we made it in time for the end of his first class and surprised him and then we hung around for awhile until his next class came in and we sang and had cupcakes. Anyway it wasn't anything too exciting but it's the thought that counts right?

That night we dropped off our kids at Hart and Jory's and went to Texas Roadhouse and Scott found the best way to maximize our food intake verses money outtake, because even on his birthday he won't splurge. Then we picked up the kids and got them ready for bed. When we got Gabby out of the car seat her outfit was filled with diarrhea, (that was the beginning of the rest of our adventures this weekend). We finished the night off with watching Cougar Town, we love that show.

On Thursday Corbin was a little special when I was trying to do all of the yard work, which he normally loves because he gets to play outside. While I was making dinner he kept being ridiculous and I told him to go to his room or go lay down on the couch. He plopped himself down on a big pillow on the floor and fell asleep for the rest of the night. The next morning he began barfing and eventually he had diarrhea as well. Today he appears to be getting better. Gabby has had diarrhea off and on for the past several days as well. I have done many, many loads of laundry. The worst was the diarrhea because Corbin couldn't figure it out, he would be sitting there and say "mommy I went poops in my underwear." After the third pair of underwear we made him put a diaper back on. (Which is a first since he was potty trained so long ago). I'm glad I did because that night at 2:00 in the morning I had to change a FULL diaper. That could have been a disaster. On Saturday morning Corbin barfed in the bucket and I set it down and then he started again so I grabbed the bucket really fast and sent barf spattering all over me, Corbin, and the kitchen wall, floors, and counters. I don't even know how that happened. I am super special like that. It got on my church binder and I can't get the barf smell off. I'm pretty sure it got all over my new church handbook. I made Scott get out of bed so he could see the ridiculousness that just happened and to help me clean up. Anyway I'm sure you wanted all of those gory details.

Mother's Day has been good. Scott made me a yummy breakfast, stayed home from church with sick kids, and he is in making me dinner right now. We also watched The Switch last night which I've been wanting to watch for awhile. Okay so neither of those dads could have been the father because Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, and other dude all had blue eyes and the little boy had brown eyes. Come on! Okay this has been really long. Peace!
I should have brought the camera to seminary but I forgot so here's a little family birthday photo minus the balloons, cupcakes, and seminary kids.
The beginning of our sick boy.
I think it's super cute when Corbin and Gabby sit in their chairs and watch TV and yes Corbin has taken the pink chair as his own and Gabby has taken the blue one. Maybe I do need to take Corbin out of the pink crib.
Dinner Update: Dang that dinner tastes good! Thanks Scott, love you! Here is the recipe.


Gabby is not walking yet but the other night she was walking back and forth between Scott and I. She'll walk someday I'm sure.

5 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

Ok, first off, happy birth day scott. Im a loser and didn't call. 30...wow, its enough to make you feel old, eh? Second, that video of Gabby kicking and runing/crawling is cute. Nice work.

talk to ya soon,
Jarom

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

happy birthday scott!! hope you guys all stay well! that story was sick!

p.s. next year you should just assign people to make a batch of cupcakes for you. then you won't have all the stress and i would be happy to help :)

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a ROUGH week being pregnant and everything!
I love reading about your adventures, what a GREAT Mom you are!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Scott. Sorry; I didn't call either. =) I'm glad you were able to surprise him Mitzi. Hope the kids are feeling better. Love the video of Gabby. What a character!

BlogMOMster said...

Happy Birthday, Scott. I called - a day early even. You weren't available. Nicole made me a Mother's Day trailer on her gallery. Big fun - here's the link: http://gallery.mac.com/nicolecannon#gallery
We watched it on the wall downstairs - big screen. Then we went to your blog and read about your adventures. We watched the video on the wall. It ends just as Corbin is hurling a pillow at Gabby and she is about to be hit in the head. You see Gabby - you see the flying pillow. It ended one second too soon. So fun. We loved it.