Sunday, February 19, 2012

Big Juds, Crafts, and Cute Videos

On Valentine's day I made heart shaped pancakes because I thought that would be fun for the kids and then I realized that I just cut their pancakes up before they eat them anyway. Oh well. They were pretty cute. I made a bundle of sugar cookies and I intended on taking them to people but I ran out of time. Oh well, I needed to make them for mutual the next night anyway so it wasn't a total loss. In fact it was probably a gain since I ate a lot of them. Scott took me out on a secret date and it was fun. I have been talking about the restaurant Big Juds for years and Scott finally took us there. There are two Big Juds in Southeastern Idaho and we went their quite a few times in college and we always loved it. Scott became a big fan also and is tempted to try the Big Jud's challenge: eating a 1lb burger in 30 minutes. They are huge and make my stomach hurt just looking at them. So gross. Afterwards we were deciding between a movie and bowling and we both picked bowling but who knew it would be so crowded on Valentine's day? We went to two different bowling allies and they were busy and there was an hour wait. Forget that. In the process we did end up driving through almost every area in Boise and that was pretty fun to check everything out.We ended up just coming home early and watched Cougar Town since it was the premier that night and we love that show.

I've been in major craft mode lately. I am just running out of my project funds so last night I had to start on a humanitarian quilt I picked up from the church. My mother in law gave me a bunch of picture frames and some shelves so I had to think of what to put on the shelves. I modge podged cute paper on letter's for all of my kids. I am going to make these to put above Piper's crib. (Got the idea off of pinterest). I have to think of what else to put on the shelf next to the letter P. I think I want to make cute bumpers or a quilt for Piper to match her letter. The colors on her letter are hot pink, orange, and lime green. Anyway we'll see what I can find.

Yesterday we went Best of EFY and afterwards I had everyone over to eat soup, rolls, and cookies. It was good and fun. I love going to the best of EFY, I seriously love being in the Young Womens.

Almost every night we have to go and move Gabby into her bed when we go to bed. Crazy girl. It's been a bit of an adjustment having her in the bed. She gets up at the crack of dawn and seems to wake up more at night. She is also taking much shorter naps or skipping them all together. Oh no you didn't!
Scott spent a million hours coming up with favorite quotes, scriptures, and sayings that he really wanted our kids to be familiar with. So he compiled them together and put them on a picture he had taken and we finally hung it up. There are some great things up there. I stop and read some all the time.
I'm not sure if these look great here but it's really the best spot for them and I like having their pictures up so that's all that matters I guess.
We've had all three sleeping in their room at night but with Gabby waking up lately she has been waking up Piper and then I have to feed her and that's pretty annoying to me. They do pretty well together however and I think they quite like sharing a room.
I call this apron "The Hot Mess" I decided to try to make an apron without a pattern and wow does it show. It started out with a trip to Anthroplogy and me falling in love with an apron and trying to sort of copy it. Wow it looks nothing like it and I can't believe I powered through and finished it. I tried to put bias tape around the edges and man what a mess. I mean really it doesn't matter because people won't be able to tell the huge disaster it is and since I used fabric I already had it was free. Okay not really but you know when you use fabric you already own it feels free. Am I alone here?
I made these booties for a friend from my pinterest page. Here is the link. I only did one ruffle because trying to turn out the little ruffle was making me lose my mind. I did go a buy a turning tool so I may try again.


I love the video of Piper laughing at her siblings. It is so cute to me. Don't mind my kids bad manners at spitting at each other. I needed to let it slide while I was taking a cute video of them making their sister laugh. So cute.

3 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i have NEVER eaten at big judds but really want to. we should all go sometime!! and i LOVE the booties! seriously seriously love them!!!

i hope your kiddos start sleeping better. you are a brave momma to put them all in the same room! that would stress me out so bad!

oooh, and i love the apron! i love all of your aprons! so cute!

Unknown said...

what the heck? I demand you come over here and teach me to make those booties. NOW! I have 2 machines set up all the time and we can sprinkle some fruit snacks on the floor in the toy room and buy us at least 1 hour of kid free crafting!

Scott said...

Great post, babe! I'm so glad you do this stuff for our family. And thanks for including a picture about my quote wall. What a lot of work that ended up being. Love you!

Hubby