Scott's parents and his brother Clark came up for the weekend. We had a great time. Aunt Nicole and Uncle Rustin were going to come but Nicole got sick and she was so bummed out to miss out, we missed her too. We just hung around and talked Friday night and Nana and Papa caught Gabby from the table until their arms wanted to fall off. They ended up staying at a hotel which caused great confusion to our children in the morning. They were demanding to see their grandparents and Uncle Clark too. We went to a new place for breakfast called "The Egg Factory" and it was good. It was pretty crowded but I guess that's a good sign. My breakfast sandwich was so, so good. Then we headed over to the hotel and went swimming. Swimming 2 times in one week. Lucky! After that we got lunch and Janet and I went and got some super cute Spring clothes for my kids. Now I'm really anxious for spring. New adorable wardrobe. Hooray! Scott put Jeff to work fixing all kinds of things around the house. That was pretty exciting as well. He really needs to come to town more often. That night we went to Barbacoa which is a local restaurant in Boise. Wow that place is pretty insane. It was not a kid's restaurant at all. They didn't even have high chairs but we had a great view of the pond and fancy food and delicious fresh guacamole. I was happy to get out of there however because I was way out of place with my 3 wild children under 4. We played some games that night and after a confusing round of 7 Wonders we went back to our roots and played a card game. After that is was sacrament meeting and like that they were off. It was such a quick weekend but we all had a great time. I'm lucky to have cool not crazy in laws.
They can be pretty cute when they are playing well together and not fighting.
Gabby got into her underwear stash and tried to put them all on.
I got this idea from my friend Amber. You take a bunch of toys and freeze them and let the kids dig them out. Corbin worked on that for about an hour. It was fun.
It's hard to capture cute pictures of Piper. She looked so cute sitting and grabbing her toes but I just can't catch it on camera.
3 comments:
how come your blog isn't updating on my updated blog list??? i thot something was crazy wrong with you since you hadn't updated this week but then i checked your blog and there was a lovely update! yay! :)
how fun that you got to go swimming twice this week! i bet your kids were in heaven! and the girls night sounds so fun! i would really like to make it to one sometime - but seriously - maybe it's not meant to be??? :)
ANNNND i'm jealous that you went and bought spring clothes for your kids. i desparately need to go do that. jax is totally growing out of all of his clothes and they are all winter clothes on top of it.
sounds like you had a fun week! cute pics!
It went too fast! But we got lots in and it was so much fun being with all of you. Happy Birthday, little Gabby. You are so special to us!!!
So fun to have the grandparents and Clark visit. I'm with you Mitzi, I need my sleep and am WAY crabby if I don't get it. Fun to do a girls' night though. I also like the ice digging project. Bryson would love that, and I'll have to try it sometime.
Post a Comment