On Friday night we went to a family history dinner group with our ward. I didn't want to go because if I'm going to get a babysitter this isn't exactly what I would pick to do, but we decided to go anyway and we had a great time. There were 8 of us and we had picked an ancestor to talk about and food from that country to eat for dinner. I was a little nervous but all of the food turned out pretty good. There were different sorts of meat pies and I just made a chicken pot pie. After dinner we shared our stories and it was cool. Our ancestors were amazing.
Kelsey and Chase came to Boise this weekend to play. They went snowboarding and the boys went ice fishing. On Saturday they came and stayed at my house and we had a great time with them. Kelsey and I went shopping during the day and we hung out and watched a movie that night. I'm glad they survived my food storage meals. At the end of the month we are always scraping the bottom of the barrel. I went to make taco soup and realized that I didn't have any taco seasoning so I found a recipe on line and made it work. It was not great, let's just say that. This is the second month in a row that we haven't gone over on our grocery budget so hooray for us. Just three more days to go. The beginning of the month is my favorite!
Uncle Chase playing with the kids. Gabby finally warmed up to him, that was something.
Piper is getting very close to sitting up on her own.
Gabby continues to fall asleep on the floor almost every night. We check on her before we go to bed and move her if we need to. She has gotten better about taking her naps again. Now she takes naps in her room, Corbin goes and watches a show in my room and Piper sleeps in our closet. We have just kept Piper sleeping in the closet, with 3 kids it's too unpredictable for them to be together. At least right now when I have to nurse her to go back to bed. No thank you.
3 comments:
Piper is growing so fast! It's crazy! I love when babies start to sit up! It's such a fun stage!! and she's just so, so cute!
I wish we could've gone to the ward dinner thing. It sounded like lots of fun, but we were up til the late, late hours of the night/early hrs of the morning preparing for Jax's bday party. Sounds like there was lots of yummy food there!
I completely agree - anything to make getting up in the night easier is worth it! Not that I'm not glad we don't have a baby in our closet anymore!
Fun to have your siblings visit. Piper IS getting so big.
Post a Comment