Sunday, August 26, 2012

There is less than a week now. This is good. I think I'm ready to get my normal life back. I think Scott will be ready to have a less distracted wife back as well. This week I made the party favors. Christy has the food totally under control so I've found myself finished with a week left so I thought what else could we do? A photo booth of course. So my sister in law Jory is going to help me with that. I think it will be cute and fun, which is kind of the theme of the reception. I hope everything turns out.

Corbin has been obsessed with these mattresses lately. Funny.

He uses them to built forts and beds and all kinds of things.

For some reason my kids love butter knives. I think Corbin loves them because he's obsessed with all things weapons or weapon like and Gabby is obsessed with anything Corbin is obsessed with. They were dipping their knives in their water to then lick. This is a highly effective way to make messes and not get any water in your mouth.

Gabby being cute and cuddly.

Corbin separating his mixed vegetables. He has always loved to organize and group things.

Another bed/fort/something.
The kids have been fun and cute this week and by kids I mean Corbin and Gabby. Piper has been pretty horrendous. I hope she is teething or something. She screams all the time. She has been very difficult lately. If we are out at the store or in the stroller she is pretty happy but I can't be doing stuff like that all day long. She isn't happy and content for very long in the house. Corbin and Gabby on the other hand have been playing really well together and a lot. I have really cut back on the TV at our house and at first it was really hard but now everyone has adjusted and it has been really good. I still let my kids watch a lot but compared to before it's like night and day. After the wedding my big focus will be on teaching Corbin. I really want to work with him in the afternoon while the girls are sleeping. If I'm not up to doing something everyday that's okay because preschool is only a couple days a week anyway. We are almost finished reading Charlotte's Web together. This is the first big book we have taken on together. The first of many I hope.

3 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i can NOT wait to hear all the details of the wedding! your sister is LUCKY to have you be the brains of the decor! it's going to be no less than beautiful i'm sure!!
good luck getting it all set up!

those forts do look pretty cool! :-)

Carole Cannon said...

They're so cute! I love their forts.

Melissa said...

Glad to hear that everything went well for the wedding and that you also finished the BofM in a month. You had me worried there when you mentioned the funeral though. Jarom and I think the butter knife thing is hilarious. Hope you have pictures to share of the wedding soon.
Melissa