Mitzi and I had just put Corbin on his blanket this morning when Mitzi decided to give him some "tummy time" so that he could build his beefy arms and chest. So we put him on his stomach and left him to squawk and grunt in protest. I walked over to pick up my oatmeal and Mitzi started getting our crock pot dinner ready. I turned around to walk back to Corbin and he was laying on his back. Confused, I asked Mitzi, "Did you flip him back over?" "No," she replied. "I think he just rolled over," I said. "We missed it!!!" So what did we do? Of course, we flipped him back over onto his stomach and sure enough, he rolled himself right over. We couldn't believe it! And he's only 95 days/13.5 weeks/3.1 months (whichever measure is most impressive) old!
*On a side note, I totally understand how people without kids get so confused when parents treat stuff like this like it's Christmas morning. But now that we are proud parents, I totally understand how little I understood about how parents feel before we had our baby. It's an entirely different track of emotions that you don't get access to until you have one of your own.
We realized quickly that we had to capture this momentous occasion on camera, and of course, he was no longer in the mood. Actually, I think he was probably just a bit too tired to go rolling around anymore. So we gave him a bath and he almost rolled over in the tub (reconfirming the truism that you NEVER leave a baby alone in the tub or most anywhere else), so we decided he might be rejuvenated enough to perform for the camera. And so he did, but only once - the rest of the video is just Mitzi and me trying unsuccessfully to coax him into an encore:
6 comments:
Made my day, LOVE IT!!
OH NO! Hes growing into a REAL BOY!!!
The milestones are so fun to see...but alas, we will mourn the loss of our little baby corn...
I cant believe he can turn his beef over! I mean, I can barely do that!
He is so cute!
So cute! He's definitely growing up. Rolling over at three months is an accomplishment. I'm sure he was tuckered out by the end. Awesome for you guys! We can't wait for our little boy now.
Oh my goodness he is the cutest thing EVER! Congrats on his success.
Wow, that is amazing! And very impressive tummy time. Eli HATES tummy time. I think it's because his heads so big, he can't lift it, so most the time, his face ends up on the floor.
Post a Comment