Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat


Corbin's first Halloween was a success. We dressed up and went around our neighborhood getting candy, candy, candy. The worst part was when the people would call us out on taking Corbin trick or treating. They would say "can he even eat candy?" Come on people, yes we will be eating the candy but we had to go take him trick or treating. We did let him have a little treat however. We let him suck on a candy bar with the wrapper still on it but after a minute we looked down and he had made his way to the candy bar and he was sucking away happy as could be. He was not happy when we took it away. We did consent and let him suck on his very first sucker. That will be the extent of the Halloween candy he will get this year. After that we went to Gabe and Christy's and watched Lady in White, which Gabe and I saw several times growing up and were surprised to realize the context of the movie was a bit darker than we understood at the time. It's even more surprising that our mom let us watch this movie when we were so young. She apparently didn't get it either.

My parents were in town with Keaton and Kelsey because Keaton made it to state cross country which was in Eagle. We went and watched his race today and it was fun. I ran cross country in high school and went to state and it brought back lots of memories. The collapsing, barfing, sweating runners...ahhh the good old days. Tonight Corbin has just been getting better and better at walking. We captured some on video. We will have to see how quickly this progresses.

We took Corbin to the local farmer's market to take some pictures with the pumpkins. For the most part he was more interested in trying to eat the rocks.
We decided that since he wasn't going to be able to eat his candy that he should at least get to play with it. Plus of course we wanted a picture.

Corbin walking on video.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

AAH! get out the baby gates - he is SO WALKING! And we died looking at the little devil with his big pile of candy...so cute! And thank him for us - for sharing it so willingly :)

Anna Beal said...

Yay! I knew he'd be walking in no time. Now prepare yourself...one week he'll be all over the place!

Jed and Kate said...

Dude, you guys are total cheaters taking him trick-or-treating. If some random couple with a baby came to my door I would be like,"Seriously? Seriously?" But, if that random couple happened to be you guys, I would probably give in and hook you up with some sweets. You guys are so funny. I must admit tho, I can't wait to have kid so I can collect all that free candy.
-Kate

Sarady said...

It is my personal belief that one should show off their baby's costume by trick-or-treating, whether "the folks" like it or not. Mya got a huge loot her first Halloween and she was only six months old. Corbin is such a cutie pie. I wish I could hug him.

Mike and Jackie said...

Mitzi- I was totally blog hopping tonight and who should I come across but my ol' roomie Mitzi. Holy crap your little guy is so stinkin cute. If it makes you feel any better I went trick-or-treating this year too and got called on the candy eating thing too, but come on your gotta take them out in their little costumes.

Jackie

Lindsay said...

MITZI!!!!! Holy cow!!! I haven't talked to you in forever! I went on Kiley's sight and I see a comment from someone named Mitzi and I thought.."could it possibly be????" And it is! Wow! You are all grown up and have a baby (who is just the cutest thing of all time!) Anyway, I had to say hello! Let me know how things are going!

Karen said...

That walking video is too cute!! Amazing! Our little beached whale ;) is finally scooting. All that extra weight is making it hard for him to get around :P