Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Jeopardy Tryouts!

I can just see it now! (Photo taken from the March 18, 2007 show which resulted in the first ever 3-way tie)

Hey everybody! At this year's Cannon Family Christmas Eve gathering I had the chance to speak with my cousin Jenny about her appearance on Jeopardy earlier this year. I inquired about the application process and she gave me the run down. It basically all starts with a once-(or maybe twice?) a-year online test. From there, if you do well enough, the producers may contact you for an audition, in which case you'll have to travel to an audition location and take another test as well as do some other things to determine whether or not you're "Jeopardy material." She had to travel from Ann Arbor, Michigan down to Indianapolis, Indiana for her audition. After that it's more of the waiting game until, if you're one of the lucky ones, they call you to schedule your appearance on the show!

Today I went to Jeopardy.com and looked into this once-a-year test. To my surprise it is scheduled for January 27th, 28th, or 29th of 2009 (depending on your time zone)! I signed up and will be taking the preliminary screening test on January 28th at 7:00pm. I'm really going to need to brush up on my composers, poets, and artists (my weakest areas) so that I can have a good showing.

I'm posting this for anyone else who may want to give the test a try. Just go to the website and follow the instructions. Good luck!

7 comments:

The Cannons said...

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you got on the show and won thousands of dollars. See if you can work on that.
Mitzi

Jen said...

OH MY Scott - you are perfect for this! HOW FUNNY!!! You'll kick all their rears! Mitzi - anytime you need help with the new machine and sewing projects just give me a call!

Smiles, JEN

Piper said...

That's hilarious! Good luck!

BlogMOMster said...

Good luck Scoot! I really hope this works out for you! I'd love to see you on Jeopardy - do you know the Weird Al song about this?

Jarom and Melissa said...

I'm not looking to sign up for the test myself, but I wish you the best. I'm sure you'll be great at this, Scott! Good luck!

g said said...

you are the man. alex will know when he sees you.

SMID said...

https://www.kopimukukita.online