Monday, December 1, 2008
Thanksgiving Weekend
First off, I finally figured out how to change the blog background...duh. Anyway we had the best Thanksgiving break. We left for Arco on Wednesday and partied until Sunday morning. We stayed up every night playing games and of course ate way too much good food. I love, love, love to play games and never get to play them as much as I want, so it's great to have vacation time and people to play with. On Thanksgiving day my sister helped me sew from 12:30 until 7:00. You may wonder when we ate Thanksgiving dinner, don't worry at my house it's more like Thanksgiving brunch. We eat at 11:30. My mom usually has dinner completely ready by 10:00 in the morning and can barely stand to have us wait until at least 11:00. The good thing about that is you get leftovers for dinner too. Yummy. Anyway back to the sewing project my friend/old roommie Jenny made the most adorable bag and I knew I had to have one. I'm still copying her today just like I did in college. I can't help it she's so cute and has the best style.
I haven't sewn anything since I was about 10 years old and made the most hideous jumper suit you've ever seen. I did it for 4-H and I got the thanks for participating ribbon. I haven't wanted to sew a thing since I saw this bag. I am so excited about it. I am going to use it as a diaper bag although I am regretting my light fabric choice. I'll just have to make another one. Actually I'm not sure if I can it was pretty complicated for me anyway. I would have been nowhere without my sister's help. Thanks Trisha. Also a shout out to Jen from my ward for letting me borrow her pattern AND help me cut it out. Seriously that's how much I don't know about sewing.
I definitely wouldn't recommend sewing a bag all in one day. My work was kind of sloppy although it probably would have been either way. Check out Amy Butler's adorable website. I want to sew all kinds of things now.
Corbin had the best time this week playing with balls. We don't own any. He would pick up a volleyball and walk with it everywhere. He became quite coordinated by the end of the vacation. We must buy him some balls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Hi Mitzi!! I think you're in our ward... we're in YWs together, right?!? Anyway, I just found your blog from Gabe & Christy Beal's. I hope you don't mind!!! Your little boy is so cute and you have some awesome pictures of him.
McFarlands
hey - mitzi im super jealous you have fun girls in your ward. Chelsy is so awesome!!!
ANd I demand you teach me to sew this bag!! ADORABLE! lets have a sewing day! My machine is all set up and ready to go.
and no....sadly i am link retarded! you can teach me that too:)
That's fun. Cute little bag and balls. I haven't sewed in about ten years either, and I'm impressed you kept at it all day and things turned out so well. Go, Mitzi!
-- Melissa
That bag is super cute and I think it makes the perfect diaper bag. Good job on your sewing. I want to make one.
Awesome awesome job on the bag! It looks professional. It's way cute! And way to go getting it done in one day! The last sewing project I did took me 9 months :)
I can sew a bag - but how in the heck do yo change a blog background - HELP. Yours looks great.
Your bag turned out so good! I love, love the fabric you picked! Now I want to make another one! We are going to have to get together and have a girls weekend someday and sew or something!
I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving too!
Am I the only immature reader who laughed at your last sentence? Maybe one day I'll grow up...
...but then again, who else could you count on to be so lame?
Jarom
Don't worry Jarom. I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't know how to say it without it sounding bad. What are you going to do?
Mitzi
Mitzi, your bag is way cute but I already told ya that! I knew you could do it. Come and see me when your ready to attempt the flower. I would love to help you - you can even use my machine or we can wait till you get yourself one and I can help you learn how to use it! Smiles, JEN
Post a Comment