(Here's a picture of my dad resting in the only spot in the house he could find. That's kind of sad).It was dad's 60th birthday last Thursday so the whole family came home to celebrate. It is a little crazy when there are 29 people all sharing the same house. My mom was crazy enough to feed everyone the whole weekend. She was worried there wouldn't be enough so she made enough food to feed the 5,000. Friday night we just hung around and talked. Later Gabe set up a projector outside for the hard core movie fans. On Saturday we woke up and went to Wildhorse. When I was growing up my family would go camping there every year. We all drove up and went on the nice, flat, 10 minute hike to the falls. It was fun to go there again. It brought back a lot of great memories. Later that night we ate dinner, played outdoor games, and started another movie outside until we got rained out and went to bed.
On Sunday we went to church and came home to my mom's wonderful Sunday dinner. People left at different times. Sunday afternoon ended up being one of the nicest days. We sat and talked outside for quite a few hours. I also stole some of my mom's beautiful flowers for my flowerbed. In 3 years it should be looking good around here.
It was raining on and off the whole weekend but we managed to still have a good time. The weather cooperated enough for games of lightning, cannon ball, and kick ball. There were also plenty of rides on the 4-wheeler. Corbin could not get enough. Every time we went outside he would run to the 4-wheeler and climb himself up and beg for a ride.
This weekend Corbin could be found chasing cousins, mauling the dog, or on some type of transportation.


4 comments:
Fun times!
Jarom
Hey Mitzi,
I'm so glad you found my blog. Thanks for the comments! Your family is so cute and Corbin looks just like his daddy. It sounds like you are quite the homemaker. I can't believe your dad is 60! Time really flies. It seems we were just jumping on your trampoline...or wrapping fruit roll-ups around our fingers at recess! Good times! We are coming to Boise at the end of the month....call me and we can meet up. 801-513-6674 love ya
Brooke
Hi Mitzi, it's Jayna. I lost your phone number so I'm writing to say that my forgot to tell you when we dropped off the fabric that the orange and pink apron needs to be a little bit bigger for my M-In-Law, so I had them cut 1 1/8 yards for each. Thanks,
Jayna
Looks like you had fun with family. I love the picture of Corbin laying in front of the TV. Too funny.
-- Melissa
Post a Comment