My best friend growing up got married on Tuesday. This provided the perfect excuse to go visit Scott's family in Utah (not that we need an excuse I'm just saying). We drove down on Friday and celebrated the 4th of July festivities. We went to a yummy ward breakfast, to the movie Up (which I think has the cutest love story of all time) went to lunch, went swimming, ate dinner, and watched the fireworks. I love the fireworks in Holladay they do a great job and the best part is it takes two minutes to get there and you don't have to show up five hours early like some places. It's great.
We played many, many games of spit which I am sorry to report has NOT improved my game. I am so bad at that game and I get even worse with more practice. ARG. Oh well. It is a fun game even if you do lose, did I just say that out loud. J/K.
Alison's wedding and dinner party were beautiful and I was glad we came. Getting home is always exhausting. It will be good when the laundry is done, the lawn is watered, and the refrigerator has been stocked.
Last night Jen came over with her 4 kids to get her fabric and it was a little chaotic. I keep most of the doors closed but her kids of course had to explore. Meanwhile Corbin was way too quiet so I found him in the office on top of the desk with fists full of pens and a tack. I got him out of there and shut the door, got preoccupied, and realized he was too quiet again and went looking. Wouldn't you know it he was not only in the bathroom but he was in the TOILET. What the heck? That has never happened before. Corbin gets pretty hyper and crazy when little people come over and that's the only thing we can think to explain it, and of course the fact that he's already a crazy 18 month old. I had just given him a bath and put on his pj's. Perfect. The other kicker is that 4 year old Zander had gone to the bathroom and being the little boy that he is he didn't flush the toilet. Awesome. At least it was just number 1 and not number 2 if you know what I mean. Good times.
We were able to watch SYTYCD later on and all was right with the world. Apparently this vacation wore out Corbin too because he fell asleep in his stroller on our walk this morning 3 hours before his naptime. He has been sleeping ever since. It didn't help that he got up at 6:00 in the morning. Hot dang it baby!
9 comments:
What a fun little get away!! That boy of yours is growing like CRAZY!!
FUNNY!!! I'm glad I didn't have to clean Zander poo off of Corbin too. Yikes!!!
this post was awesome. corbin in the toilet - SO HILARIOUS! (and gross, but what are you gonna do?)
I need a sewing lesson soon. I made brigitte an outfit freehand and it turned out dang cute if i do say so myself! It probably would have looked much cuter if your meticulous hands had sewed it, but oh well. Just short of hot glue and staples I am clueless.
(ps congrats!)
My good will pool looks just as pathetic. I guess you get what you pay for...CHEAP.
That apron is amazingly CUTE! I'm so jealous of your sewing skills. If I ever get back to the Utah/Idaho area I might just have to show up at your house for some lessons! :) I can't believe Corbin climbed up in your toilet haha! I hear boys are more active and a bit more crazy than girls are... can't wait!!! 2 more months!!!
Corbin looks so cute in the potty. You have an adorable little boy, and his little personality makes him adorable-er.
That apron you made is sooo cute. I want to learn how to make one! Teach me! I LOVE that picture of Corbin in the toilet. Hilar!
Mitz--love the pictures and love the apron. My new husband is going to LOVE the apron, both as a utility item and as an adornment...........
Great pictures! Soooo good to see you and so glad you came down!!!
Dude...the TOILET?! GRODY! That apron you made is sooooo cute! You are quite the seamstress now, aren't you? I am so impressed. And hey, at least that pool was only $4 and not a million?
-Kate
Post a Comment