Calling All Parents
I want to teach Corbin how to sing songs and I'm wondering what you guys do. The only idea I have is to get a CD of primary songs, which would be great but I want other songs too. Any other ideas of great interactive teaching games and ideas would be good also. It's going to be a long winter otherwise.
6 comments:
It took a while for Mya to sing songs. We had to sing them for like a year, and finally now she is able to sing them on her own. There are some interactive CDs. Have you tried Brite Music? They are a little pricey, but you could probably get them from the library.
Hello my friend! I totally own the whole Brite music collection and yes it is wonderful! You can borrow it and try it out! What I did to teach my kids songs is sing about 4 primary songs to them every night - yes every night! They all sing along and I suspect when Goo can talk he will join in!
I put a CD player in Carli's room (one we don't care all that much about) that she controls on her own. My mom gave me tons of children's music CDs (nursery rhymes, etc). She always listens to music when she's playing in her room and we often take the CDs in the car with us. You play piano, right? She loves to sit on my lap while I play Primary songs. We also sing her a couple of songs before her nap and bedtime.
I would say negatory on the playing the piano. I can clank through "Sweet Hour of Prayer" and it's pretty horrible.
Come to kindermusic! It gets the musical rhythm going! Corbin really liked it even though he watched from my lap for the first 15 minutes!
I still think the best way is to sing to him, and expose him to songs over and over again. Jory has all the kindermusic cds. If you can stand to hear it - he would probably love it! (they have simple one sentence songs that repeat words over and over..and over again!
I am the nursery music person, so I have tons of stuff! Also, have you tried music and movement at the library?? Mycah LOOOOVVVES it! You should try it :)
Post a Comment