Monday, November 30, 2009

Thank Goodness for Vacation

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving with the Cannons this year. We were there for 5 nights and Corbin slept great every night. In fact so did I, which is something that I have a hard time with sometimes, especially when I'm not at my house. We went to New Moon, played games, ate out, went shopping, and we went to a play of the musical Scrooge. There was also a game of fly up, a turkey bowl, and shooting guns (Scott will do a whole post on that I'm sure). Corbin got to play with remote cars, play outside with grandpa, and go on walks with Barkley and grandma, not to mention being the complete center of attention. He showed off his mad skills and gave animal sounds and showed his dancing skills. Wouldn't you know it the only name he learned was Barkley. Oh how he loves that ginormous dog, if only the feelings were mutual. Barkley is a good sport about having Corbin step on his tail and try to walk on his back. Corbin did try to make up for it by feeding Barkley treats.

All in all the whole trip went without a glitch. We were so happy since our last Cannon holiday was not as pleasant. We were a little concerned when Corbin suddenly puked on the way down to Salt Lake, we thought here we go again. Luckily that was the only incident. We chalk that up to fast food, too much water, and a long car ride. The drive home was the best in a long time. He slept over halfway and after his nap he ate some snacks and watched Baby Einstein. He was relatively happy the whole time. What a great sport, he was stuck in that car seat for 5 hours straight. Thanks Cannons for the great break, boy did we need it!

Here are some photos. Unfortunately we didn't take hardly any so I'll throw in some other photos as well.
Yes, putting your feet on the table is a great idea.
Sometimes Corbin will lay down with me and we will watch shows together. So cute and precious.
Corbin loves being outside. He helped me rake the leaves by getting out the pumpkins.
This was on the way home when he woke up from his nap too soon and was not happy about being in the car. Luckily he fell back asleep.
Here's Corbin and grandpa. They had a lot of fun together.
Here's the Christmas stuff. I actually cheated and put it up before we left for vacation. It was so nice to come home to an already decorated house.

5 comments:

Jen said...

You blogged but didn't call me ! WHAT!!! look like you had fun! Don't do it again!

Sarady said...

So what did you think about New Moon?

The Cannons said...

I liked it. I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of the series in general. I liked the books and I like the movies. I think New Moon is better than Twilight although I agree with my mother in law, that I like the music on Twilight better. If you are team Edward than you would probably not enjoy this movie as much. I however am much bigger fan of Jacob even before I saw the hunky actor with the body. What did you think of the movie Sarah?

Jarom and Melissa said...

The house looks very festive. Like the pictures of Corbin.

Sarady said...

I was actually really impressed with New Moon. I was less distracted by dumb things like I was in Twilight. Bringing in a new director was a good move, even though I think Kristen Stewart is still a horrible actress. There probably isn't any director who could fix that. I only laughed a few times at the super cheesiness (like when E & B are running through the woods and E is wearing a vest!?). And although I am an Edward fan in the books, I have to say that Jacob looked mighty scruptious. Edward pales in comparison (haha, pun not originally intended. But I guess he was a "shell of a man" in New Moon, so it's okay. He better step up his game for Eclipse). Plus, I think Taylor Lautner is just a better actor in general. He's more natural at it than E & B. I'm excited to see Eclipse.