If you follow my blog then you know that I bought cloth diapers and was trying them out. I used them for about 2 months but I think I'm pretty much over it. I think if you want to use them it is definitely doable. They work really great and they are nice quality. My reasons for not continuing to use them are I think I am a little lazy (not really but with this maybe), the rinsing out/washing factor, and the smell factor.
There is no doubt more work involved with the cloth diapers. There is a reason people came up with the brilliance of disposable diapers. Rinsing out Corbin's diapers is disgusting there is no other word for it. You can get a spray attachment to your toilet but I opted to not have the temptation for our wild 2 year old. I only bought 12 diapers so I was having to wash them at least twice a week. Like I said it's doable but it's one more thing you have to do. If I bought more than I wouldn't have to wash them as often but it's for sure still one more thing you have to do. Finally the smell. I felt like the smell never really came out. When I would get the diapers out of the dryer, let's just say it doesn't smell good. I really could deal with all of those factors but what I struggled with the most was I felt like Corbin always smelled. Disposable diapers hold smells much better. Whenever Corbin came near me he smelled like a urinal. Gross. I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad if I changed his diapers more often. Once again lazy. We still have Corbin wear a cloth diaper at night because they hold pee like no other. He is sopping wet after a night in 2 disposable diapers, with the cloth diaper he is dry as can be. So there you have it, my dirty little secret. I may start using them again or I may not. Time will tell.
4 comments:
I think it's great that you lasted 2 weeks! It's probably better to use those but I just haven't been able to bring myself to do the extra work! But whoever wants to do that, major props to them!
OHHHHH really! Welcome back to regular land! Just jokin! Good try Mitzi - you did well!
Store them out your back door in the pail then they don't stink up the house. Disposable diapers are truly a dream. You gave it a good try anyway. I thought of pull ups long before they were invented. Dang, there went my million.
Hurray. Cloth diapers give me the microbiological heebie jeebies.
Post a Comment