Saturday, July 24, 2010

Around the House

Things around here have been pretty crazy. I am going to be playing major catch up. Scott is really busy right now. He got a part time job in addition to working for his dad. He mentors troubled youth I guess you could say. So he has had to take on more of the traditional role of leaving the house to work and I've had to take on the more traditional stay at home mom role. He also has to go down to Salt Lake about every other week for work so we enjoy the time we have together as a family. I haven't been able to blog much lately because Scott is usually always on his computer and when he goes to his other job he takes it with him. This is where all the pictures are so it's time to play catch up.

This July has been crazy. Our St. George trip took up quite a bit of July. As soon as we got back the next day my family was having their annual Redfish camping trip and I had to opt out this year. It was just too much, plus camping with babies equals no fun in my book. Then that weekend we we to Arco for my 10 year class reunion. This last week was girls camp and I really wanted to go but it just didn't work out. Scott was gone pretty much everyday and Gabby's not so great at taking a bottle so I would have had to take her up to be in the sun and with the mosquitoes. It just wasn't in the cards this year. Scott has a 3 day rafting trip next week. Man summer is tiring sometimes isn't it? After that I really don't think we have anything else planned except for my half marathon, which is at the end of August. I am ready for that to be over. I'm tired of training so hard. Woof. I was supposed to run 9 miles on Thursday but I ran 6 instead. I took a kind of easy week this week. Oh and Gabby who has slept through the night for 3 months has all of the sudden started waking up every night at least once. I'm not sure if she's going through a growth spurt or if all of the traveling has made her confused but man I am not used to that. We've got to whip her back into shape ASAP.
Gabby absolutely loves to sleep with the blanket on her face. It's hilarious. As soon as I lay her down she grabs her blanket and turns her head while sucking her thumb to assume the sleeping position.
Garden food is so yummy and fun. Lucky for me Scott does all of the work growing the vegetables.
Here is Gabby with her cousin Spencer, they are about 2 months apart. Gabby is older but she is kind of a mini me baby.
I sewed this car seat cover for my sister in law. I'm kind of in love with it.
Here's the picture I had to take of Corbin. I busted out the camera to video Corbin making Gabby laugh and all he wanted was for me to take his picture already!

We can't hardly ever make Gabby laugh but she LOVES Corbin. He doesn't have to do anything and she's totally taken with him.

2 comments:

Shelley Beal said...

LOVE it, I'm so glad you got that picture of Keaton and Kelsey. Thanks.

Anna Beal said...

I'm kind of In LOVE with it to Mitzi! It is absolutely darling!!! and I cannot wait to get to use it. Soon I hope. Thanks again.