I can't believe it, Gabby is already 6 months old, that went pretty crazy fast. We think she is so cute and funny. One of my favorite things about her is how feisty she can be, it cracks me up. For example if she is crying in her crib and I take too long to get her she still gives me a few protest cries just to let me know she's really mad at me for taking so long. It's kind of hard to explain but we think it's pretty funny. I have started feeding her rice cereal which so far she doesn't seem too interested in, although she did much better today. She's pretty content to just hang out on the floor sucking on a toy of some kind. So far she hasn't been at all interested in her exersaucer or johnny jumper. She does like to kick a lot however. She will sit in her bouncy chair and kick so hard. She does the same thing when I go get her up from a nap, as soon as she sees me she starts kicking furiously. It's pretty funny. Gabby will not be crawling any time soon which is okay with us. Corbin started crawling about this time and man ever since we've been off to the races with him. We are actually pretty excited about Gabby contentedness. We are also glad she is an excellent sleeper. She had a week or so when she was getting up in the night about a month ago and that made me a crazy person. Hopefully all my babies will be good sleepers like Corbin and Gabby I can't handle it. I almost forgot. Gabby has 2 bottom middle teeth and more on the way.
Gabrielle's 6 month stats:
Weight 14-4 lbs 25%
Height 26 1/4 50%
Head Circ. 42 3/4 50%

Corbin's 6 month stats:
Weight 18 lbs 60%
Height 27 1/2 90%
Head Circ. 45 cm 80%


Hooray for a random cold day in August and for an outdoor ward party. She might be grown out of this outfit by fall so I'm glad she got to wear it. So cute. I love her little slippers and the bows on the back of her pants. Love it.
On a more personal note I am still nursing and that is a huge victory for me. I seriously considered having her go straight to the bottle. When I was pregnant with her if I started thinking about breastfeeding it would make me so anxious I was almost sick about it. Luckily I calmed down a bit and decided to give it a try. This time around I was much more prepared in every way and I couldn't be more happy about it. It hasn't been without its challenges but with knowledge and experience I've been able to work through my problems much quicker. Now I just need to decide how long I want to nurse. My original goal was to make it 6 months but now that I'm here I might just go all out and nurse her for a year. We'll see, there's advantages and disadvantages to both. It's definitely a love/hate relationship (me and nursing). For now Gabby and I have a good thing going so why mess with that.
8 comments:
6 months flew by so fast! SHE HAS TEETH? Oh man, I forget how quickly they turn into children. Im definitley enjoying my baby stages this time around. Little Gabby just couldnt be any cuter! I cant believe corbin was crawling at that age! crazy!
Congrats on the reaching your nursing goal! She is so darling. :)
AWE! she's a little dolly! I wanted to see more of her in that outfit! HELLO! Good work on the nursing!
I am so, so, SO glad to know that I am not the only one that has a tough relationship with nursing!!! It was so stinking unnatural for me. And the only reason I did it is because I knew how good it was for Jax. I stopped when we came here and the bottle is SO much more convienent. Good work, though - keep it up! You definitely won't regret it!!! I do miss the good bonding time :(
Jaxton does the kicking thing too. I love it!
I can't believe Gabby has front teeth! We thought Jax was teething - cutting molars - but maybe not? Do front teeth come first? We've been giving him teething tablets around the clock - whoops! Oh well, a little medication never hurt anyone :)
What a cutie. I can't believe she's six months old already. She's maybe not as big as Corbin was, but really who is? Not our baby, that's for sure. I still laugh at the picture of them from when Corbin was four months and Bryson four weeks. Glad you made it to six months with the nursing thing. Way to stick it out.
That picture of her bright eyes and smile is sooo darling! I nursed my babies to about 9 months - you know that tooth thing . . . they bite!
Chelsey,
You did way better than I did the first time around. Um ya they don't get their molars for a long, long time. Too funny!
Wow, 6 months! I envy your strength and patience with nursing. On a side note...my girls were not nearly as interested in toys as my boy. :)
Post a Comment