The course was absolutely beautiful. It started in the beautiful mountains and parts of the race were right next to the Snake River there were also fields of rolling wheat, and a a great view of the Tetons. The absolute worst part about the race is that they started the race and within a few hundred yards we were all funneled onto an old rail road track. It was so crowded and ridiculously hard to pass people. I was really annoyed by that part. We absolutely lucked out on the weather. It was a nice cool day, it could have been brutal to run in the heat.
After our race we went to Craigos in Rexburg for lunch. Everytime we go there it looks different. So much of the campus is still in construction, and there's always new businesses. We went on home to Arco and pretty much just hung out. We had a camp fire in the back yard and had smore's. They totally hit the spot for me. We drove home yesterday.
I can't believe it's finally over. I feel like this has been somewhat looming over my head, it's a relief to be done that's for sure. My main reason for running this race was to help motivate me and help me get back into shape after having Gabby. It's a lot of work and I'm glad to be done training. I think Scott's even more glad I'm done. He had to hold down the fort while I went on oh so many runs. This is my third half marathon and so I thought I should really try to beat my time. I trained harder this time and did speed workouts and lots of other stuff. It did take a toll on me and I had to cut back a bit. I ran my race really well and felt good about it. I ran pretty fast the whole time. I had my moments where I went pretty slow and miles 10-13 I was burned. My goal was to do it in under 2:00:00 and I think I did it. The timer said 1:59:00 when I crossed the finish line but I'm not sure because according to my watch it was closer to just over 2 hours. Either way I beat my old time and had a good race. I'm so glad to be done. I don't think I'll run again for a good long while.



7 comments:
Way to go, babe! I'm so proud of you. Hugs and kisses.
Way to go, Mitzi. That's great, and I'm glad you were able to beat your time. Good for you!
Congrats on the time! That's soooo faaaaast! Incredible! My cousin ran that race too and her toes are so gross and blistered. And she lost a toenail. sick. Are you going to do a marathon after the next baby?
I don't have any blisters or lost toe nails. I lost some toe nails when I ran a full marathon. I have no plans of ever doing one of those again, they are murder. I will probably do another half after my next baby. That's the plan anyway.
Nice job Mitz! Man I remember when you were training for one of your marathons or half marathons when we lived together at one point. Brutal!
Jenny that was the full and yes indeedy it was brutual.
Congratulations! I am always so impressed with people who can run. I cannot run, but just to challenge myself, I am "considering" running a 5K, and even that will be pushing it for me. Anyway, you look great at the end of your race--like you didn't even break a sweat. No fair.
Post a Comment