Saturday, December 11, 2010

Givens Hot Springs

I love going swimming. I especially love going swimming to hot springs in the winter time. In college I went swimming at Green Canyon all the time and I loved it. Alex and Anna go to Givens Hot Springs quite a bit but we never go because it's a pretty good distance. I was thinking about swimming and decided I was itching to go. I talked to Scott about it and made some calls to see if anybody wanted to join us. Last night Alex and Anna's family joined us to go swimming. It took us an 1 1/2 hours to get there because we got stuck in serious traffic on the freeway. Annoying. Our kids were really good though, I think Scott and I could take a lesson on being stuck in the car from them. When we got there it was a great time. I love the warm water, it's like really warm bath water. It has a section for kids to run around in and they have tons of beach balls in the water. Corbin was loving going in and out of the pool to fetch balls constantly. Gabby was actually a great sport and laid her head back on her floaty, sucked her ball, and kicked her legs. It was sweet! I have to go back. Even without traffic it takes an hour to get there though. Oh well, sometimes it's totally worth it.

Other happenings are me trying to not pull my hair out being stuck in the house with Corbin all day long. He is wild. Luckily there are things we can go do to get out. On Tuesdays we go to story time at the library and on Thursdays and Fridays there is an open gym at a church that has TONS of toys and we go run wild. That place is crazy though. It's a church gym full of infants, toddlers, preschoolers and parents. It is loud and crowded and I'm so grateful that it's there. I didn't go very many times last year but I think this year we will be there at least once a week. How do you all entertain your preschoolers in the winter? I would like to do more preschool activities but Corbin as always is more interested in the physical activities. Anyway it can definitely be a challenge. Good times!


4 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

are those christmas tights for real??? those are so rad!! where did you get that jumper thing? we need one for jax so bad! that hot springs looked delightful!!!

Shelley Beal said...

That's fab that your ward lets you guys come and run around. What a great outlet for you and the kids!

Anna Beal said...

We had a great time! Thanks for inviting us to come along :)

The Cannons said...

Chelsey-
Those tights are hilarious for sure. Scott's mom bought them. So cute. I got the jumper from Craigslist but I saw some at Wal-mart today.
Mom-
The gym isn't at our ward. It's at some Boise Friends church and it's a buck a kid but that's a pretty good deal for stuff like that.
Anna-
That was fun. Thanks for coming.