I hope you are having a very Merry Christmas. We are having a great one. Yesterday started out a little rough with a bad headache, yet another failed attempt at making toffee, and slicing my fingernail halfway off with the potato slicer. Things picked up from there and I made a fantastic turkey dinner if I do say so myself. In the afternoon while both of our kids were sleeping Scott and I watched an afternoon movie. It was the best. We watched a little edited Fargo. Not for every audience but we sure thought it hit the spot. I have to bend my Christmas-movies-only rule with Scott since he is a bit of a Scrooge, which oddly enough is his favorite Christmas movie, the Musical Scrooge that is. Anyway after dinner we sang some Christmas carols and read Luke chapter 2. Then we played a little charades and Pictionary with Corbin. After that we threw the kids to bed and Santa Clause set up and then we watched The Musical Scrooge and went to bed.
I woke up first, fed Gabby, threw the casserole in the oven and then shorty after Corbin got up. He went dashing down the hall and I had to grab him by the jammies and take him down. He almost saw everything before we were ready. The idea! Anyway presents were opened, chocolates were eaten, and breakfast was served. We already watched Beauty and the Beast twice and now Corbin is watching Finding Nemo on his movie player from his Nana. It is shaping up to be the best Christmas ever.
We are doing things a bit different this year. It's my brother's homecoming tomorrow and Scott didn't want to do a lot of driving and packing and kid wrangling for just a few hours trip so I am hitching a ride with my brother. I'll be leaving in a few hours, but I'll be back tomorrow to get ready for Corbin's birthday on Monday. It should be epic. Three words: Monster truck cake. Ha!
2 comments:
ha! that is so funny! when i saw the picture of the yummy goodies i thought SAD! THEY FORGOT US! :( ha! we didn't move back til thurs. though.
i love the picture of your cute little family in your jammies :)
Looks like the best Christmas ever. Choice family!
Post a Comment