Today is Corbin's third birthday! How exciting. This is the first year we haven't been traveling home from Christmas vacation on his birthday. Today we woke up and Corbin wanted to have cereal for breakfast (that's easy enough). We went about business as usual in the morning but we took Corbin to Burger King for lunch. He loves french fries and he'll eat the burger too, not to mention chocolate milk, oh my! After his lunch he went and played in the jungle gym and had a whale of a time. After that is was nap time and then dinner, cake, and presents. It's been a fun day, I sure do love my three year old. On Wednesday we are going swimming with his cousins (in honor of the Cannon tradition of dragging out any celebration as long as possible). Next week: primary, pray for us. In case you can't tell this is obviously a monster truck cake. I knew I wanted to maybe attempt to make some type of cutesy birthday cake. I also knew I wanted to make it as simple as possible, I have no patience or talent with this sort of thing. I went online and found the simplest cake and made it even more simple. Scott helped with the fine artistic details. The truck is supposed to be red but I put so much red dye in there I couldn't handle putting in one more drop. Surely using a whole bottle of red dye in one cake cannot be good for you. I opted for the salmon pink cake. Classy. The great thing about a three year old is he's old enough to get that it's a truck cake, but he isn't old enough to tell it's a terrible truck cake. Brilliant! He also isn't old enough to get teased for having a pink birthday cake, even better.
Just because she's cute. When I try to fix her hair like that I call her Cindy Lou.
6 comments:
i love that at the end of your video! ...'happy birthday dada' ha! what a cute little guy! and i am super impressed by your cake!!! very cute!
What a wonderful, 3 year old delight you have, you lucky parents. Isn't he growing up fast?! Go Monster truck cake!
I love that Corbin is THE happiest little kid, always!
That comments was from granny Beal. Idon't know why it says Chase?
GASP....I can hardly handle the cuteness of it all.
Cute cake and fun birthday. He's growing up. Good luck with Sunbeams!
Post a Comment